At Last

Description: Just a one shot about how Blaine and Kurt decided to get married at Brittany and Santana's wedding because we never get to see it on the show. Kurt is conflicted and doesn't know what to do and Blaine is oblivious and worried. 

Kurt was having a very difficult time processing what the hell was happening. And, if he was going to be honest, he didn't really know what the hell was happening. It was a complete mess and there were so many emotions and feelings and he kind of felt like he was going to throw up or cry. He had no idea what to do. Because, let's be honest, this isn't how he'd imagined this monumental moment in his life going. What they were asking was just so crazy and Kurt just felt like he had to say no. But then if he said that, he knew it would crush Blaine's heart and Kurt would probably loose him forever. He just didn't know what to do. Oh wait, sorry. At this point, you're probably very confused. Let me explain what's going on. 

You see, last year, Kurt and Blaine got engaged. But then they moved in together and started arguing all the time so they broke up. Blaine was left heartbroken but after moving back home, getting a job coaching the Warblers, he started to feel better. Moving past Blaine was much easier for Kurt. He was genuinely okay. Well, at least he thought he was. His date was late and he ended up thinking about Blaine. And that's when he realised that he wasn't over his ex-boyfriend. Blaine was the best thing that ever happened to him and Kurt wanted him back. So he moved back to Ohio with Rachel to coach the New Directions and try to reconnect with Blaine. But he'd moved on. Blaine was dating Dave Karofsky, the man who'd made Kurt's high school years miserable, kissed Kurt and then threatened his life. Just perfect. 

So Kurt was pretty miserable for a while, especially when Brittany and Santana got engaged. But then Brittany actually gave him some really good advice and he decided to try to find someone new. And he did. His name was Walter and they had so much in common but the only problem was that Walter was older than Kurt' dad, which made their first meeting quite awkward. Soon after, Kurt made sure to tell him that he didn't want to date Walter and instead was just looking for friendship. He also made friends with Blaine too and for a while everything was good. But then Blaine broke up with Dave and they got back together the day before Brittany and Santana's wedding. They were having a really good time together until Sue dragged them to where the brides were getting ready and then proceeded to drop a bomb on them. They wanted Kurt and Blaine to crash their wedding and get married. Which was just completely crazy and out of the question. Right? 

And now, we're back to the start with Kurt not knowing what the hell to do. Because things like this don't happen every day. And is this how he really wanted to get married? Yes, he wanted to marry Blaine eventually but he thought there'd be an engagement first and then planning and then their own wedding with all their friends and family. This was Brittany and Santana's wedding and even though it was beautiful, it wasn't everything Kurt had ever dreamed of. And god, it was just all so fast. They were still both so young. Rushing into things they weren't ready for was what made them break up in the first place. They shouldn't make the same mistakes twice! And Kurt thought Blaine was on the same wavelength as he was until this. 

"And I just don't know. I don't know but....I really want to marry you." 

"I, um, yeah, I just need a sec." Kurt knew he shouldn't have walked out. But he just felt like he couldn't breathe properly and it was like the walls were closing in on him. He just needed some fresh air and some space so he could have a chance to think about the crazy decision he was being faced with. Should he marry Blaine or not? He couldn't right? There were too young and were rushing into things and this would just all probably end in more heartache. And Kurt had enough of that to last him a lifetime. But then another even scarier thought popped into his head. What if it didn't end in heartache? What if they were okay? What if they were happy together? What if they finally got the happy ending they had always dreamed of?