48| Dancing And Pleading.

I walk into potions class to find all the tables pushed to the side. I share a confused look with the boys as we walk into the room. I frown walking over to a table and sitting on it, dropping my backpack on the floor.

I watch my house file into the room slowly, everyone taking in the arrangement. All of them sharing confused glances like we had. The only difference being that Snape now stands at the front of the room. He glances out at his house with an emotionless expression.

The last few trickle in and the door slams shut behind them " The Yule ball." Snape says his tone and expression displaying clear distaste for the subject. The conversations that had been going before have all ceased leaving his voice the only one in the room.

" Is a dance to celebrate the Triwizard Tournament." He says his voice raised and laced with annoyance as he paces the room. " As such it is expected that you all know the basic art that is slow dancing, as to not embarrass the school." he says looking around the room. His eyes linger for a second on me perched on the desk and I roll my eyes.

He turns away " However if you do not this is your chance to learn." he says in an irritated tone. He looks around then " Perhaps..." he mumbles his mind distracted " A demonstration." he mutters still looking around the room. He gives up on what he was looking for and turns to me " Miss Riddle, am I correct to assume you know how to dance?" he asks.

I raise an eyebrow " Of course Professor bu-"-" Good," he interrupts spinning and walking to the front of the room " You may choose someone for the demonstration." he says staring at me blankly.

I slide off the desk with a groan and the boys laugh at me. Without even a second thought I grab Draco's hand and pull him after me. I hear him groan in protest and the boys laugh louder before Snape quiets them, throwing a thin book at the back of Crabbe's head.

I get to the center of the room and turn pulling him towards me. He glares at me and I roll my eyes " This is what you get for dragging me to your house every summer." I hiss lowly. Out of the corner of my eye I see Snape point his wand at an old record player.

The music starts and I intertwine my hand with his. He rolls his eyes placing a hand on my waist and leading through the steps. He looks down at me " By the way," he says in a false annoyed tone " My Mother's the one who told me to invite you, so you have her to thank." he says with a smirk.

I scoff " Told you to," I say my tone calm as he furrows his brows. I shake my head " She told you to, you didn't have to." I say calmly. I watch as Snape pairs up the rest of the boys and girls, holding back a smirk when Goyle is put with Pansy Parkinson. She looks rather annoyed and it pleases me, I don't like her very much.

He frowns " Okay." he says in a defeated tone making me look back at him. He sighs " So maybe I did want you there, is that so bad?" he asks in a quiet voice. I tilt my head and think for a minute " I mean you're my bestfriend Tori, and I hate those parties." he says his tone getting annoyed towards the end.

I roll my eyes " I guess that's what bestfriends are for." I say with a sigh and he grins. I give him a half smile as I glance around the room at everyone.

" So," he says awkwardly looking around the room. I raise an eyebrow at him " Who are you going to the Yule ball with?" he asks curiously. I frown thinking of the best way to say this, both him and Bri must've thought I was kidding.

I huff " No one." I say calmly as I pull a string from his robe. He furrows his brows and I give him a small smile " I'm not going." I say calmly.

He frowns " Really?" he questions and I nod making him raise an eyebrow " Why?" I shrug and he smirks " You do know my Mother won't be there to bug you right?" he asks in a teasing tone. I shake my head at him amusement clear on my face.