Protologue | Teaser

Hope. A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. A feeling that I have long forgotten as it has only led to disappointment, pain, and heartache. My entire life has been filled with hope.

Hope that my school bullies would leave me alone.

Hope that I wouldn't lose my adopted parents.

Hope that my foster parents would stop abusing me.

Hope that someday my real parents would come back for me, and save me from my endless suffering.

We all have a past. A past that shapes us into who we are as a person. We all have a reason for acting the way we do and feeling the way we feel.

My past has ruined me. It's kept me from laughing, from smiling, it's kept me quiet while all I've wanted to do was scream.

The only escape from my reality is
Revier; a world that I have discovered ten years ago in my dreams. Every night it is the same. I've always thought that it was my self-conscious trying to give me a break from the real world. Like it's trying to give me a sense of security when I am in a sleeping state.

This year I am starting my freshman year at UCLA. This is my chance to be free; not only in my sleep but to be actually free. Free from the nightmare that is my life.

Little did I know what was in store for me.

Little did I know that my fantasy would soon become a reality.