PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Gaming has always been my calling. I knew that from the beginning. Gaming is all i ever wanted to do and a dream to persue. This is where i know i belong. This is what home feels like for me, gaming is home, comfort, and solace.

“It's almost the national championship. I'm so excited!” one of my teammates said. Nasa boothcamp kami ngayon and we're all staying here to practice for the national competition of Call Of Duty mobile and if we win this? We will have the opportunity to represent our country for the international gaming competition of CODM.

“Who's not excited to compete anyway?” I told CK, short for Christine Kaye. We are a mixed team so there are boys and there are girls in the team.

“Maybe you? You don't seem to be excited at all.” She answered back at me and even followed me to the kitchen.

Here we go again.

“Oh girl, You don't know how excited I am.” I told her. I knew I sounded lazy and not so excited at all but god knows I am.

“But you don't seem like it!” She rebutted and I just let her blabber while I'm trying to boil some water for my coffee. “Tell me, Is it because Waze is gonna be there to compete too and high chances that our team and his team are gonna be on the same bracket kaya ka ganyan?” Tanong niya na nangu-usisa. Arms crossed on her chest and raised eye brow at me.

I know she's excited and all but people don't always give the same energy back even though they feel the same way because we are not always capable of matching someone's energy and it's not always about the, ‘It's because of someone, Isn't it?’ type of thing.

I sight.

“This is not about him. Hindi ba pwedeng pagod lang ako and i need rest? We've been awake doing scrims and ranking up for like a day now and i'm so tired and i can't match the energy of excitement you are giving about the nationals, CK.” Sagot ko naman pabalik sa tanong na ibinato niya sa akin habang nag titimpla ako ng kape. “It's not always about something or someone.” I added before i left her alone in the kitchen.

She still looks at me suspiciously and I just shrugged it off. She can freely think the way she wants and no one is forcing someone to believe things that she refused to believe. This is not about me and him. This is not about Waze. It's been a long time ago and we should just bury and never dig things that have been long gone. Things should stay the way they are now.

After all, We're both happy with how things turned up between Me and Waze.

:)