Baby Don't Cry

The days went on blissfully, the training camp was only two weeks long. On the twelfth day, Atsumu and Sakusa were laying on Sakusa's bed in the hotel, Atsumu had his head on Sakusa's chest as he clung to Sakusa like a koala, legs intertwined. They spoke softly,

"What's going to happen after the camp is over Omi?" Atsumu asked, tilting his head up to where his gaze met Sakusa's chin, before Sakusa shuffled their bodies up until he was leaning against the headboard.

"I guess we keep in contact and visit each other often." Sakusa said honestly. Atsumu pouted:

"But I won't get to see you every day." Atsumu fisted a hand in Sakusa's shirt, already worried Sakusa would leave. Sakusa hummed thoughtfully.

"Well you live in Hyogo still correct?" Sakusa said, tilting his head. Atsumu nodded sadly, already doing the calculation of the distance between them in his head, Sakusa sighed. "We have an expiration date don't we?" Atsumu said quietly, tears beginning to fill the corner of his eyes. Sakusa cooed softly.

"It's not too far." Atsumu sat up, he felt sad, angry.

"It's almost seven hours to Tokyo Omi." He said quietly, not wanting to raise his voice. Sakusa nodded, swallowing a lump in his throat.

"Well the bullet train makes it here in just over three hours, I know it's a bit more expensive but I don't care." Hope sprouted in his voice. "And school ends pretty soon, then we're graduating. And I don't know about you but I've already been scouted for a new team." Sakusa said, hope coating his words as he reached and touched Atsumu's shoulder.

"The MSBY Black Jackals?" Atsumu said, excitement changing his mood quickly, Sakusa nodded.

"Aren't you being scouted for teams too?" Atsumu nodded enthusiastically.

"I am. I've already been contacted by MSBY." Sakusa's eyes widened.

"What did they say?" Sakusa almost whispered, his whole world would shift depending on what Atsumu said next. Atsumu leaned back and hummed, a smirk playing on his lips, Sakusa was impatient:"Tell me!" Sakusa said, reaching forward with both hands, gently shaking Atsumu's shoulders.

"I'm the official setter. I signed the contract just before I left for this camp, after I'm done at Inarizaki I'm playing for MSBY." Sakusa's eyes widened, a dazzling smile broke through his lips

"Oh my god!! Sumu do you know what this means?" Sakusa said, eyes huge and a smile plastered to his face.

"That you're my ace." Atsumu said with a smile. Sakusa lept forward and pulled Atsumu into a hug.

"Oh my god I can't believe it," Sakusa said into Atsumu's shoulder, "how did I ever get so lucky?" Sakusa murmured in a rare display of happiness and excitement. Once they leaned back Atsumu spoke

"When do you sign the contract?"

"As soon as I get back from the camp." Sakusa said, breathing heavily due to excitement, his nerves felt like a bundle of cords, all twisted in his stomach. Atsumu smiled,

"So we just needta' last for another couple months apart, for a while. Then we'll be on the same team." Sakusa nodded, taking a deep breath before he spoke:

"Sumu, I don't want us to go back to being friends." He stared into Atsumu's eyes, "Not being able to see you everyday... it'll be torture." Atsumu felt himself tear up at the confession.

"Well every couple weeks we could meet halfway, and we can video call all the time." Atsumu willed his voice not to crack. "The sooner ya know it we'll be together, kicking ass on the same team." Sakusa nodded, a small smile on his lips, still sad but excited with the idea. "And-" Atsumu said, putting a hand on Sakusa's cheek as he leaned forward "don'tcha forget, you gotta win all your games in the Spring Tournament if you wanna play me." Atsumu said with a smirk.