Haunting Past...True Love Conquers

Trigger Warning: There is mentions of Suicide in this story. As in implied Suicide. If you can't handle this then I don't suggest reading. Also there is violence and mentions of death too.

Also important Author Note at the end

🔮📿🔮

The year is eighteen eighty-one on the night before Halloween a masquerade ball is taking place in the Muto Manor. The master is having a party in celebration of the widely known holiday. He felt a party would be fun but he has also eagerly awaited for his beloveds response to his letter. She told him she would give him a response to his letter on this night with a love letter of her own. His letter was very dear and important because he had asked her to marry him. Master Muto was a poet he had a way with words only he shared with his true love. They've been dating for some time now so it was only a matter of time until he asked her the big question. Marriage was something the master couldn't find the right words for, so he wrote her a love letter one he spent months on to ask if she would marry him. His lover was already known as the mistress of the Muto Manor, for their love shined throughout everything in their life. The party was grand with several guests attending the ball. The ballroom was filled with plenty of guests for the elegant party. Several women and men dancing to their hearts content and Master Yugi sat in a nearby chair waiting for his beloved to share a dance. He wore a mask of red and gold wearing a pirate captain costume. He sighed happily desperate for her letter he waited for weeks to read. If she agreed to marry him he would be the happiest man on earth. He would do anything for his darling he loved her with all his heart. He looks to his back pocket where he kept the case holding the ring he would propose to her with. If she agreed then he would announce it to everyone in the ballroom as he slipped the ring on your finger. He has the evening entirely planned out and he won't wait for another second. He would go upstairs to his true loves room and beg for her letter if he had to. Running up the stairs of his mansion he was about to enter her room when a blonde woman stops him. She held out her hand to him not granting him permission.

"Master, the mistress is no longer a servant. She is preparing for her grand entrance. I suggest you have a drink while she finishes."

"Very well, Mai."

She fanned herself with her handheld fan that suit her costume very nicely. She wore a purple and pink butterfly mask with a matching long sleeved dress. A blonde butler hooked his arms with the master and the blonde beauty.

"Lets dance! The mistress will meet with us shortly!"

"Very well Joey but I demand a dance with you before my darling comes out." The master joked.

The three head back to the ballroom while the mistress finished her letter. She placed it into a neat red envelope with her best cursive. The letter is better than anything she has ever made with her two hands. She hugs the envelope to her chest before putting her mask on her face. You saw a reflection of yourself in the mistress. She looks exactly like you. Her ball gown is big but its a beautiful shade of your favorite color her hair is up. The hairstyle fit her well it was catered to something you would do with your hair if you ever did attend something so formal. Her mask is a simple white, decorated with ribbons and gems matching her dress. You're then back at the ballroom where you see Yugi happily chatting with his servants. His head family butler arrives in a black masked costume for the party he gave him a letter. You smile recognizing the letter his darling wrote for him. Yugi blushed with a grand smile on his face finally receiving the letter he has waited so patiently for. He sat at a table on his own happily reading the letter. Slowly as he read the letter his facial expressions turn saddened. His face in shock and horror as he immediately ran out the doors with a worried expression. Tears threaten to leave his eyes as he ran upstairs hoping he found his beloved before he was too late. You're not sure what was written in the letter but Yugi is in such a hurry it didn't matter if he broke anything. Finally he rushed through the door to your bedroom where he found his true love on the floor. He didn't notice the spilled red wine on the floor since he was too busy checking on her. Her lifeless body laid on the ground with no hope of returning to this world. Yugi burst into tears trying to wake her up but it was no use he arrived too late. Holding her in his arms he began weeping with his face buried in her neck. He carried her lifeless body to the ballroom to tell everyone what happened. Everyone was in shock as the party was put to a halt while many gathered around the two to help.