Di Angelo

Great move Calysta. Making yourself look like an idiot in front of him. God I'm so stupid. "Hello?" He said making it sound more like a question then a statement, while helping me off the ground.

"Hey sorry about that I'm new and you kind of startled me." I responded whipping the sand off my jeans.

"Oh that's alright I guess. I don't mean to press, but what are you doing out here?" He asked with a scowl. Man he scowls a lot. He's really skinny too.

" I just needed sometime to think. And by the way what's your name, mine's Calysta," I half lied.

"Ok, my name's Nico Di Angelo, son of Hades." What the hell is that?

"Son of what?"

"Ooooh I see you haven't gotten talked to yet." what on earth is he on about

"Ok then well I guess I better get to bed wherever that is. I'm sort of lost," I admitted sheepishly scratching the back of my neck.

He escorted me back to "my" cabin and just walked away. Well that was a very awkward situation. That's great now I definitely wont be able to sleep tonight. Hopefully Connor and Travis will be able to wake me up tomorrow. I don't even know what I'm doing with my life it is all so confusing. I mean I was just in Grand Portage Minnesota and now I'm somewhere in New York. Can't the world just not be so hard for once. I mean my mom always blamed me for dad leaving and then she became a drunk. The mental and physical abuse takes a toll on someone after a while. All the death and pain I've seen. The only reason I'm still here is because of Castor. He has been my best friend from age four. His dad left to, but his mom didn't go crazy she is still a kind and loving person. He just got the life that I wanted or about as good as it could get. He has a stepdad and a family. I just wish I had that.

Before I could even process what was happening I fell asleep. I, of course, had nightmares. These ones where even more real than the ones last night, but this time Nico wasn't alone. There was a tall man wearing a black toga that appeared to have rubies lining it and a black beard. To be honest he kind of creeped me out. After a long silence I decided to speak, "Who are you and what do you want?!" No one responded. They seemed to be having a private conversation. Well more like arguing. I slowly walked up to them eavesdropping.

"Who is she? She seems so confusing, and she actually talked to me without making some pitiful or disgusted face," Nico exclaimed. He was almost smiling. It was strange.

The other man was about to respond, but I woke up to one of those nursery camper type deals leaning over me. "Castor is awake -" That was all I needed to hear before I bolted out of bed and ran to the big house/infirmary, in my black imagine dragon pajamas mind you. I finally got up the stairs and into Castor's room after what felt like eternity.

"Castor!" I yelled squeezing the living daylight out of him.

He laughed dryly, "Hey Cal."

It was all fun and happy until someone decided to touched my shoulder without warning. I was so shocked I whipped around and saw the black robed guy from my dream. That's when everything went dark.

A/N Alright I decided that I should try to make the chapters longer and this is how far I got today let me know your opinion on the story whether it's today or 3 years from now I don't care spill your gut. (not literally. Sorry for spelling and grammar don't kill me.