an ally

tw: mentions of suicide, gore, violence, and foul language.

bold: writing

'single quotation': thoughts

slanted/italics: memories.

underlined: underlined sentences are basically commands and thoughts of those who's thoughts are still completely controlled by the mask.

single quotation dialogue is basically belongs to a person who isn't a mask or has gained a bit of freedom from the command and can retain their own thoughts.

.

.

.

.

~" 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘺 "~

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

3rd pov:

Butcher mask made his usual rounds through the sky high buildings. Everything was quiet, with an occasional run in and extermination of a few humans here and there. He had only encountered a handful of masks so far, but they kept their distance. Well, most of them did. A few days ago, while he was monitoring a hallway for movement, he spotted a girl peaking at him from a corner. She didn't seem like a threat, but something about her was familiar. Naturally, he ignored her, but subconsciously noted her, as he did for all individuals that caught his interest.

He was sure that the girl was somewhere nearby from the skittering he would hear sometimes when he would turn a corner or looked over his shoulder.

Now entering a spacious room, he quickly spotted a man, who had his back turned and was fumbling with the zipper of a book bag. Inching closer, he managed to get behind the unsuspecting man, before swiftly ramming his cleaver into the man's neck. With a clean cut, the head fell to the ground with a thud and blood erupted from the corpse's neck.

He paused to wipe the blood off his mask and stepped back. 'He shouldn't have suffered from a clean cut.' The thought that had bubbled to the surface of his mind disappeared as quickly as it came.

Moving to find a drape for the body, he suddenly moved as a knife skimmed the surface of his mask.

As he turned sharply, his eyes met with another flying blade that was directed at his head again. At the distance he was, he had no choice but to grab the blade with his gloved hand, stopping it abruptly and drawing his own cleavers.

"YOU BASTARD!" A young woman glared at him, tearfully, as she snarled her words. "I'LL KILL YOU!" She shrieked as she dashed at him from the other side of the room with a different knife.

'It seems like this woman knew him.' Butcher mask prepared for the incoming attack.

'Not that it matters.' A cold voice replied bluntly.