Chapter III - Glowing

Danny - 

As  I peeled my heavy eyes open I squinted as the sun shone in through my window. Shifting slowly in the bed I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, 12.15 in the day. Sighing, I tried to stay as still as possible in the bed. My head was banging, the cruel present the bottle of whiskey I drank last night had left me. Lying in bed for what seemed ages, I planned my day. Should I or shouldn't I talk to Vicky today?. Slowly crawling out of bed I stumbled into the shower and freshened up. The warm steam cleared my head and as I shaved off the stray bits of stubble I looked at myself in the mirror. Who would ever wanna be with me?.  

I threw on black jeans with holes in the knees, my lucky pair and matched them with a long white t-shirt and a leather jacket. Meshing wax between my finger tips I sculpted my hair and grabbed my wallet and car keys off the dresser. It was a bright sunny morning, the sky crisp and blue . Shading my eyes I hopped into my car and drove in to town. A ping  made me jump as my phone lit up with a text message.

Mark : Alright mate? Hows the break going for ya? Meet up later in Joe's for a few pints? 

I smiled lightly as I parked into Jervis Car park and got into the lift. Mark and his fucking pints, that was his way of curing a broken hard. Drowned it . As I hustled my way through the crowds of shoppers I found myself heading towards The Rose Cafe. My head was racing, what the hell was I going to say to her? Hi! I am Danny from The Script, I was staring at you yesterday while you worked and I am wondering do you want to come back to mine and we can get drunk and I can blab about how lonely I am?.   I quickly shook the thought out of my head as I walked into the small cafe. Once again it was packed and the noise of coffee brewing and chatter filled the room. Searching for her face I stumbled to the line. The same girl was working and this time she noticed me. 

" Hi Danny, what can I get you?" she beamed with a flirtatious smile on her face. I gave her a weak smile back , not sure how to react to her. " Hi.. Amm I left something at my table yesterday when I was in here, I am just wondering did you find a .. ammm... iphone5....black?" I lied shamelessly . She blushed and bit her lip as she thought. " Well I don't do the tables, that's Vicky. I can get her now for ya" she chirped as she raced off to get her. I could feel myself become nervous, damn I look like a fucking idiot now ! . 

Vicky walked out of the back curtains. Her hair was in a long plat and a few stray curls hung down her face. She smiled weakly at me as she passed the counter and stood in front of me. " Hiya, Violet said you think ....." she whispered. I struggled to hear her with the noise of the coffee machines and customers. As I shortened my height to hear her I caught the smell of her sweet perfume. " Violet said you think you lost your phone?" she questioned this time in a louder tone. I nodded at her and tried to smile but I guess I looked like a idiot by her less then happy expression. She signaled for me to come into the back to look. As I crouched in a small back room filled with coffee bags and box's, I watched her min over as she pulled out  a box labelled " Lost and Found". Shit Danny, what you going to say now when she doesn't find the phone, ya genius ! 

Vicky's petite hands searched through the box slowly as she looked for this imaginary phone. All I could do was crap myself, hoping she wouldn't think I was some eejit for lying. " Amm sorry it isn't here, you must have lost it somewhere else" she whispered with a hint of pity in it when she reached the bottom of the box. I shrugged and bit my lip as if I was trying to think of where it may be. Suddenly the small box room was filled with my ring tone. I closed my eyes slowly with embarrassment . Raising my hand I took the phone out of my pocket and knocked it off. Vickey stood in silence as she watched me. " Looks like you found your phone" she muttered as she pushed the box back on the shelf and directed me out.  I couldn't speak, I looked like such an idiot. 

Walking towards the door, I looked back at her. The whole time we were in that small room, I was glowing. The smell of her perfume, her small hands that I wished I could hold. Pink, soft, kissable lips were slowly bit as she searched and I had blown it. How was I ever going to show my face again?. Mark was right, it was time to get pissed !!.