Chapter Nine

The Nether Queen cautiously approached the prison complex, her hood shielding her face. Coelica and Jericho followed close behind, similarly concealed. Abigail smirked as she saw the guards. She was in luck, they were Nether Horde.

She lowered her hood as she approached. "Children of the flames, is this any place for you?"

The two guards looked at each other, and then looked back at her before each taking a knee. "Queen Crysteffor. We yield to you."

Abigail smiled. "Rise, children, for your Queen has returned. Gather your comrades, and bring them to the tavern near the city entrance. I will meet you there."

They both nodded and stood. "Yes, Queen Crysteffor."

She watched as the two guards walked away, leaving the door unguarded. She led the way in, with her Zizo companions close behind. Inside, the guards were a mixture of Zizo and Netherkin. Abigail beckoned for everyone to halt before discarding her cloak, revealing her long Queen's robes and armor. She walked confidently into the atrium, Ruby Thorn in hand.

"Children of the flames, hear me now!" She shouted, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. As expected, many of the Netherkin walked down to her level and knelt down before her, much to the bewilderment of their Zizo comrades. "The False King has led you astray, my children. But worry not, for your true Queen has returned!"

Those who chose not to join the dozen or so guards that had bent knee to Abigail, or those of the Zizo, drew their weapons and began a march towards Abigail. Their march was halted when Abigail's Netherkin formed a wall, weapons drawn, to protect the Nether Queen.

"Come get us, Naeus."

***

"Nera. What could you possibly offer us?" Patrick was intrigued by the Daughter of the Undead's offer.

"Why, General, is that any way to greet an ally?" She giggled. "No matter. I offer you all I have: my army of the walking dead."

Amethyst crossed her arms, glaring at Nera. "And why help us?"

Nera gestured to Iris. "Well, Iris here is concerned for her friends. And... there are some people I care about, you know."

"Not any of us, that's for damn sure," Amethyst sighed.

Nera shook her head. "You'd be surprised. But that's not important. General Patrick, just tell me what you need and I'll make it happen."

Patrick looked at her, thinking for a moment. "Gather your armies outside the Crystal Mountain. Other forces are gathering there as well. Once we get word back from Queen Crysteffor, all armies are to march on the city that exists within."

Iris gave a confused look. "General, if the city is only accessible through tunnels... couldn't they just close them off when they see armies amassing?"

Patrick shook his head. "The inventor Nero is offering some of his machines to get us inside."

Nera nodded. "Very well. My undead hordes will meet you there. The creepers can blast away rock if necessary."

Patrick gave a small smile. "Thank you, Nera."

***

As Blair exited into the courtyard of the Nether Fortress, she was shocked to see that dozens of Netherkin- demons, wither skeletons, wither angels, and piglins- had gathered in the courtyard, all looking up towards the throne room's balcony, upon which stood Kronos.

"My comrades, my brothers- and sisters-in-arms, with bonds forged in hellfire... I come to you with a desperate call. Queen Crysteffor is in danger, and she requires our help. The people who hold her are inside the Crystal Mountain. It will be nearly impossible to get through the main entrances. Those of you who can ride ghasts, you are to blast us a way inside. Those of the piglin race, ride your beasts into combat. Wither Angels, you are to rain death from above. Skeletons- my own brethren- we fight together on the field in this fight. Not in a fight against the humans, but against their oppressors, as is the will of our Queen!"

Blair smiled, giving him a nod as she retreated into the fortress to a roaring battle cry.

The end was coming.

***

Azrael and Azura could hear the fighting outside. But they knew even better what was coming for them. Two Zizo warriors came in, and opened Azura's cell, hauling her out.

"No! No, leave me alone!" She cried as they began to haul her to the back exit.

Azrael could feel her blood boiling. She was watching her friend being dragged to certain doom, and there was nothing she could do about it. She could feel something rising inside her, something that overtook her anger. She grabbed hold of the bars that secured her cell, and her hands began to rapidly heat up. Soon enough, the metal cell bars began to melt away, and it wasn't five minutes before Azrael was able to get out of her cell.

"Get back here, you bastards.." the Angel of Death muttered as she ran after the pair of Zizo and the Scholar.

It wasn't long before she caught up to them, but they were armed and she wasn't. They hadn't noticed her yet, so she had the advantage, but not for long. She held her hand up, and slowly, an ember flickered to life, growing and growing until she held a ball of flame the size of a baseball in her hand. Before the two Zizo guards could turn to look at her, she pitched the fireball at one of them, which exploded on impact and sent the unfortunate victim sailing down the hallway. His partner drew his weapon as Azrael tried to form another fireball.

"You won't escape here! King Naeus wants you dead!" He shouted.

Azrael stared him dead in the eye. "I don't care."

Without hesitation she ran at the warrior, slamming all her weight into him and knocking him to the ground, his weapon sliding out of reach. The pair exchanged punches, and the Zizo eventually rolled to get Azrael on her back, and with that advantage, was able to start choking her. His victory was short-lived, though, as his own blade was plunged into his back, narrowly missing Azrael. As she rolled him off of her, she saw Azura standing over both of them.

The Scholar gave a small smirk. "Thank me later."

Azrael nodded. "Let's get out of here."

***

Rain and Stella stood on a raised platform outside Dragonspire, staring out over the Ender Watchers who had gathered for the last push against General Naeus and Queen Enderheart.

"Ender Watchers, the days of conflict are coming to a close," Rain began. "Soon, we face down our final battle against the God-General Naeus and the Dragon Queen Enderheart. Many will not walk away from this fight, but we all work towards the goal that the Ender Watchers sought since the End was invaded so long ago. When the God-General falls, peace will be restored."

"We have faced many losses in recent times," Stella continued, "the Dragonseer Vordus, the Ender Dragon, the bandit leader Daryll, the Archangel Gabriel... they all fought valiantly for our cause. We cannot let their sacrifices be in vain. Stand with us, Ender Watchers, as we make this last push."

Rain beckoned to an enderman behind him, who brought forth a map and laid it down on a table, a projection of the same map forming from end particles that all in the crowd could see. "Lady Ceris and Igor retrieved this from Queen Crysteffor. This is a map of the Crystal City. In the center exists the Dragon's Keep, where General Naeus and Queen Enderheart are located. Our only chance of success is using the dragon swords obtained from Queen Enderheart to neutralize both her and Naeus and then kill them. The other kingdoms have been briefed already. They are preparing to enter the city through some old mineshafts. We will teleport in, led by Lady Ceris, and create a distraction large enough to keep attention off of them."

Stella raised the Dragonseer's staff. "For the End!"

A courageous shout rose from the Ender Watchers as Stella began weaving a portal to the Crystal City.

The time had come.