13 - Pinky Promise

"Have you seen Y/N?"

Jungkook is taken aback by Taehyung's frantic question, hesitating a little. "Uh, not since earlier, why?"

"She said she'd be back by four, it's almost five, I'm getting worried," Taehyung says, biting his lip nervously. Jungkook frowns, brows furrowing. "Stop stressing Taehyung, she's probably fine. Should you even be walking around?"

"I'm fine, should I go to the village to find her? What if something bad's happened?" He asks, getting more and more worried by the second. Every horrible outcome possible is swirling around in his mind, and he feels likes he's going insane.

"No, you need to go back to bed, you're really pale. Have you taken your meds?" Jungkook asks, clearly concerned. Taehyung shakes his head, still looking around the hallways for you. "No, I need to make sure Y/N's okay."

"Taehyung, stop rushing around," Jungkook catches Taehyung's arm, pulling him back into his bedroom and pushing him over to his bed. "What if she's hurt?"

"She isn't, just relax, she'll be back any minute now," Jungkook says, pushing Taehyung's shoulders down so he stays sitting on the bed. "If she was okay she would've been back by now, something's definitely happene—"

"My God, I've just sp—"

"Y/N!"

"Woah," You stumble back a little as Taehyung pounces on you, capturing you in a tight hug. "What are you doi—"

"I was worried for you, you little asshole," He whispers, squeezing his eyes shut as he buries his face in your neck, holding you as close as possible. You chuckle, wrapping your arms around his middle and hugging him back. "Sorry, I tried my best to get back on time, but I spent half the time chasing Soobin's stupid dog, he kept running away everytime we brought him home."

"Don't ever scare me like that again," Taehyung whispers, holding back tears as he squeezes you tight, as if he's afraid if he lets go of you then you'll disappear. "I won't, I promise."

"You also promised you'd be back by four," Taehyung mumbles and you laugh, finding it cute. "I know, but that dog was out of my control, so technically it's not my fault I'm so late. Come on, let go, you were due some medicine ten minutes ago."

"No," Taehyung says, voice muffled from his face being buried in your neck. You sigh, peeking over his shoulder and waving at Jungkook. "Help me out, will you Koo?"

"Taehyung, let go, she's not gonna vanish if you do," Jungkook says, walking up and tugging on Taehyung's sleeve. He shakes his head, somehow holding you even closer than before. "You're slowly cutting off my airflow, I think I'm gonna die soon."

"I hate you," He whispers and you sigh, patting his back. "I know, now let go, you can hug me later," You say and he reluctantly lets go, biting his lip as he watches you walk over to his medicine box and pick out the right meds.

Taehyung looks at Jungkook, asking seriously, "You can see her too, right? I'm not hallucinating?"

"I can see her, yes. She's alive and safe in front of you," Jungkook chuckles before heading towards the door, leaving you both alone in the bedroom together.

"You really frightened me," Taehyung sighs, walking over and sitting on the side of the bed. "I'm sorry Tae, I really did try and get back on time. Basically, I was talking with Yeonjun and Soobin, and Soobin's dog was with us, and then he saw a squirrel. We were all chasing that stupid dog around the village like idiots, every time Yoongi saw me run by, he started laughing. I lost track of time and then ran back here when we finally got the dog to stop chasing the fucking squirrel."