Father and daughter

It's been three days since Joshua ended things, and on the outside everything carries on as it has. Now there are no special moments between the two of us. Those moments used to excite me and it quickly became what I would look forward to the most in my day, but that was short lived. It hurts so bad, and I feel like I'm hollow on the inside. He broke us, and it hurts more than I care to admit. I avoid being alone with him at all cost because given the chance I would apologize and tell him I'm ready for forever, no matter how true I believe that to be. I know he was right and the only way I can be sure I'm truly ready is through experience and adventure. The first step is moving out so I'm moving in with Lucas my dad. He already agreed, and he is going to tell Josh so I don't have to, and Dylan was there to provide me the support I needed.

Josh POV

"Hey man, you got a second to talk?", Lucas walked in with a serious look on his face.

"Sure, what's up?", I replied.

"It's about a Lena," he paused before continuing, "she's going to be moving in with me for a little while."

I felt my heart stop; I knew it had to do with the breakup and for a moment I wished that I could take it back but I knew that I couldn't. It was already done and it was for the best for the both of us, but I just hate that I hurt her. I tried to gather my thoughts before replying, "Look man, I get it. I just don't want her to go, I am honestly in love with her. I want to fix things, but there's nothing I can do. It has to be her, and you were right the other day. I'm ready for the rest of our lives together, but instead of dwelling on my heartache I'm going to congratulate you on the chance to bond with your daughter. I know you have to be looking forward to that. You two have become practical inseparable in a short time."

"Its nerve wreaking if I'm being honest with you. I basically became a dad overnight, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I mean obviously there are somethings about our circumstances I would change but being Lena's dad is the best thing ever. I had so many emotions that day we met I was so hurt, I missed so much ya know. Everything in my heart just clicked somehow when she offered for me to read those letters. It was closure in a way from Sophia and I think she knew I needed that. She is such a smart and incredible girl. Things between you two will get better. You Dylan and I are her life we all know it, so even if there is no relationship there will always be a bond.