|The Thespian: Act One|

A Thespian with an empty theatre, just remember, as long as you're both on the same page, he begins to take control of the stage.

___________________________

Light filtered through the small gaps in the crate, illuminating bits and pieces of the inside. Could it be daytime? No, that couldn't be right, a place like this would never have even felt daylight. Lamps, Tommy thought, looking away from the light. Bright, searing hot lamps that hurt his eyes.

He knew he could get out, just push open the lid and escape, but they were moving. It was hard enough to stay standing, much more to push something open, not to mention whatever was moving them could kill in a heartbeat. So instead of moving, instead of escaping, Tommy waited, and so did everyone else, surrounding the room in silence.

Tommy thought of the pink-haired girl he saw, the one who pushed Ranboo inside to alert them of the approaching danger. He remembered turning to see the cause of his friend's yelp of alarm, only to see the girl briefly make eye contact, then run.

Tommy fiddled with a piece of fallen tree bark, why did she run? There was no fear, nor was there hostility in her eyes, the most obvious answer seemed to be to hide from the nearing danger but why did she not join? He hoped she didn't die, he hoped she escaped and would have another brief place of safety.

The bark snapped in half, bringing Tommy to a set of memories he wished would be forgotten. He didn't want to bring it up, fearing that his experience would make him lonely or abandoned. What if he was shunned, told to be a monster. What if he was left alone to the gaping mouth of this vile world? What if he became a monster? What if he died out there, without seeing home, without seeing anyone? What he did was unnatural, strange, dangerous even. He didn't kill people, no, heck, Tommy doesn't even know what he did. He didn't know that he could absorb dead things.

It started with the kid in the room, the one who Ranboo saw die. The one with flaming words attempting to burn his opponent. The one who's fire was extinguished just as it started.

Everyone else was focused on the death itself, not what happened to the remains. Tommy was looking for a corpse, a person who was killed by the monster's hand, any kind of remnant. Instead, when Tommy looked behind him, he saw a child with static buzzing around him like flies. Instantly, Tommy was reminded of the static Charlie and Fundy would occasionally make.

The static child's eyes were filled with pain and fear yet he stayed in his spot, glancing back at Ranboo angrily. He'd grumble to himself, slapping his arm in rage as if to scold himself for dying. Curious, Tommy held out his hand to the child, asking if they'd like to talk. Hesitant, the child paused for a moment, then took Tommy's hand. Strangely, just as he felt the cold touch of another, when he looked at the child, he seemingly vanished, leaving a faint shimmer of electric sparkles.

"Be careful out there," said a voice in his head, a voice similar to the fiery one heard minutes ago.

Then there was the second time, Tommy was rummaging through the open boxes that lay abandoned inside the makeshift castle. He opened a particularly large one, making eye-contact with another static child, this time with warmth in his eyes.

Tommy covered his mouth to hide a shout of alarm, muffling the noise. "Hello?" He whispered, looking at the child curiously. "Hi," The child whispered back, shock lacing his voice. "You can hear me?" he asked. "Of course I can hear you, who wouldn't?" Tommy tilted his head, confused.

"Well for starters," The child made a slicing motion across his neck. "I'm dead."

Tommy frowned."Oh," The child looked away nervously, rubbing his arm. "It hurts, y'know, dying. It's not peaceful, no."