Chapter 7 - Crimes - Part 1

A/N: This is a mini-chapter which will be followed by another mini-one tomorrow! I like the idea of splitting up the chapters instead of cramming multiple scenes into one, so it'll seem shorter but combined with the one tomorrow should add up to a full-length one.

"I have to go," I muttered, quickly getting off my chair and keeping my head down as I walked towards the elevator. Not that my father would've seen me, as his eyes were glued to the young woman's body.

I felt nauseous, repulsed that I shared blood with such a vile human.

"Wait-" I felt a hand grab mine, and I spun to face a confused Isaac, his eyebrows drawn together. "What is it? Do you recognize someone?"

I pulled my hand from his, my eyes quickly flickering to my father to make sure he hadn't seen me. Isaac turned to try and follow my line of vision but turned around looking just as confused.

"It doesn't matter," I said, and briskly walked to the elevator, pressing the button before he could catch up.

"Who do you know here?" Isaac asked behind me, and I kept silent, my jaw set in anger.

What a fucking hypocrite.

I could go tell my mother... but would she believe me? And did I owe her anything? I doubted that she'd leave him. She couldn't even stand up for me when it came to him...

"Noah,"

"-Can you do something for me?" I said, quickly turning back to Isaac as a thought popped into my mind. He looked taken aback at my swift change in tone.

"What do you need?"

I spotted a vacant couch near us, it was faced away from my father's table and far enough away so he wouldn't easily spot us. As the elevator doors opened, I turned away from them and waved Isaac to follow me to the open couch before sitting down. Isaac was still curiously looking around the building, but sat down next and turned his attention back to me.

"You say you're a pro pick-pocketer?" The corner of Isaac's mouth lifted, his eyes suddenly sparkling with even more interest.

"Well, of course." He answered, waiting for me to continue.

"I need you to steal some keys for me."

"Keys?"

"Yeah."

"Uh," Isaac looked around, "well you should give me a little more information, or do you want me robbing everyone here?"

I rolled my eyes, turning nervously to look at my father, feeling my face heat as his hand tightened around the worker's waist.

"The guy at the table Nico just went to, get his keys."

Isaac's head turned, and I sunk lower into the couch, hoping I wouldn't be spotted.

"Red face, with the girl on his lap."

"Spotted." Isaac turned back to me, frowning. "How do you know him?"

"It doesn't matter, he's just an asshole."

"Did he do something to y-"

"-Isaac, please just grab them quickly, and let's get out of here."

His eyes flickered towards my face, eyeing the bruise before I turned my head away, annoyed.

"Alright," I felt the couch dip before he got up, and turned quickly to watch him walk towards the table.

Shit.

I leaned back against the couch and closed my eyes, feeling my heart beating quickly.

What are you doing?

I crossed my arms tightly against my chest and waited, I didn't want to watch and risk the chance of making eye contact with him.

The music slowed and the chatter from the nearby groups got louder. I pulled out my phone and quickly sent a text to Sam.

where are you guys?

I turned back to peak behind the couch, Isaac was already walking back. My father looked unbothered, if anything his attention was focused on the woman who had gotten off of his lap and was motioning towards the bar.

"Easy," Isaac said as he sat down, and handed me a set of keys. I felt myself smile, and quickly sorted through them, finding the one I needed.

"Perfect, thanks." I maneuvered it off of the rest of the keychain and handed the rest back to him, slipping the single one into my pocket.

"You don't want the car?"

"Nah."

"What do you want me to do with these?" Isaac waved the rest of the keys in my face as I glanced back one more time.

"I don't care, you can keep them, throw them in the trash."

"Is that his house key?"

"Shhh!" I noticed my dad checking his surroundings, waiting for the girl to come back from the bar. I turned away again. "When she gets back to him we'll leave, okay? You watch."

Isaac nodded, and I watched him as he casually glanced around the room. He took a sip of his drink after a few minutes before nodding,

"Now,"

I stood up and quickly walked to the elevator, feeling my phone buzz.

"Okay, so do you wanna explain?" He asked as we got into the elevator.

"It's nothing really," I said, pulling out my phone and reading the message from Sam.

still at the party, why?

"Noah, it's very obviously something you have no subtlety at all."

The elevator started going down,

"Why are you breaking into his house?"

"I just want to get my stuff back, that's all." I snapped back, feeling slightly guilty as he'd just committed a crime for me.

"Your stuff?" Isaac's face slowly changed as he thought through what I'd said.

I quickly sent a text back to Sam.

Tell David his idea wasn't so bad, meet me at the park near my house.

***

A/N: part 2 coming tomorrow! this is just half of chapter 7 :)

Q: How'd you meet your first ever true friend?

***