the past

present day

"yo hoo, q...Q!" i jumped as Damon attempted to snap me out of my thoughts
"oh hi sorry, aha i was day dreaming" i gave him a weak smile.
"yeah.. i could see that, anyway Alaric's pretty drunk & i'm bored, want a glass?" he held a bottle of bourbon and sat beside me.
"i'm 17" i shook my head.
"cmon when has that ever stopped anyone in this town" Damon poured a drink for me and handed it over, i shot it back and he chuckled doing the same.
But Damon being Damon, had to come back with a snide comment.
"wellll technically, you're 162" he smirked at me, his eyes glistening leaning back in his seat with his hands behind his head.
"why do you have to be so factual all the damn time" i rolled my eyes.
"sooo what's bothering you quinny" i gave him a death glare, he knew i hated being called quinny which made him always call me
it as he found it quite hilarious.
"Quinn. spill." Damon knew something was seriously up and he wasn't going to stop pestering me until i fessed up.
"ugh i'm just um thinking about this boy i like.." i had another glass of bourbon avoiding all eye contact as he raised his eye brow in disbelief.
*i don't blame him, i didn't believe what i said either, me liking someone? never heard of it* i thought to myself, Damon knew me well enough to realise that he should probably steer away from this topic as whatever was going on in my stupid brain was sensitive. we sat in silence for a minute or two until i broke it with a question he was definitely not expecting..

"have you ever been in love before?" i questioned. i'd known Damon a while but he was very secretive about that part of his history. Damon snickered "you're in love with mystery boy?" he smirked whilst speaking
"ew no!" i rolled my eyes "i'm genuinely curious"
"you know i am" he looked at me
"no i mean before Elena, we all know your smitten" it was my turn to smirk now.
this question made him visibly upset, i gave him a reassuring smile and he sighed
"yes" he responded bluntly, i was about to speak again but he wasn't finished with his confessions.. "Katherine" he blurted out my face dropped hearing that name but i quickly tried to hide it.
"it was this whole thing with me, her & stef in 1864."
*1864...omg 1864, the year i was turned by Katherine.. well a Katherine anyway, it couldn't be the same one. no way.* i thought to myself.
i looked at him, in his pure blue eyes & i saw the hurt he must be feeling, that convinced me more that it was Katherine Pierce. only she could have that much of an effect one someone, especially someone like Damon. "oh i, i'm sorry" i placed my hand on his shoulder & again gave him a smile, which he returned this time. i decided against asking more or telling him that i knew a Katherine in 1864, i could save that for another time...maybe.

A/N: sorry these chapters are quite short! i'll try & write some longer ones soon!
again, thank you for reading this i hope you enjoy it! 💕