i think he knows

"He got that boyish look that I like in a man
I am an architect, I'm drawing up the plans
It's like I'm seventeen, nobody understands
No one understands"

"He has to know Penelope, I'm not exactly subtle."

You and Penelope spent the majority of your lunch breaks in her office, discussing anything and everything. Recently however, the point of contention had been a certain young genius. One who you had a huge crush on.

"Spencer Reid may be a genius, and one of the best profilers I have ever seen but he most certainly does not know," she said, as she drizzled more dressing on her salad.
"He has to, it feels like everyone knows. . . Do you think everyone knows?"

She shrugged, "They might, I know my Chocolate Thunder hasn't picked up on it yet."

"You haven't told him? It's already been a week since I've told you! How did you keep it a secret for so long?"

"You asked me very nicely not to tell anyone! Plus this one seems really important to you. I don't want to go around telling people and for Reid to hear it in office gossip."

You smiled, "Well you Penelope Garcia are the best, best friend ever."

"You know it, now I know you desperately want to repay me for my services, and you can by giving me those exact ranch packets you have in your bag," she said.

"They're all yours, now let's discuss something other than my pathetic schoolgirl crush. Like how stupid Kevin's sweater was today."

"Kevin? The other internal affairs technical analyst? Yeah what the heck was he wearing?"

"You know, I'm tired of having to carry the weight of the brains, looks and fashion sense out of the two of us," you said. "Though, that is a good way to gather attention . . . I wonder if Spencer would actually hold a conversation with me if I wore something as ugly as that."

She laughed, "You know I think that might send you backwards."

You stabbed your lettuce, "At this point I'll try anything."

Before Penelope could respond, someone interrupted your lunch, your only other friend on the BAU team, Emily Prentiss.

"Oh hi Y/N! How are you!"

"I'm good Emily, what kind of gross things are you here to deliver today?" you and Emily joined the FBI at around the same time, and found comfort in the fact that you were both total try-hards. Emily was going to eat lunch with you and your fast friend Penelope, at least on days when she was in the office for lunch, but you and her both agreed that she should eat lunch with the team so that they can get used to having her around.

"Just some paperwork, no cases yet, knock on wood. Also I just wanted to say hello! What are you guys eating?" she asked, pulling up a chair.

"Some salads from that takeout veggie place PG is always talking about. I told you I was going vegetarian right?"

"You did not! That's great Y/N! We need to talk more, like we used to when we first started here," she sighed, then perked up, "We should have girls night! Remember how fun it was that night at the bar? With Brad the real FBI agent?"

"Yes! We should! You know, Gideon's replacement comes tomorrow, we should celebrate!" Garcia said.

"You know, I don't know if the best way to celebrate a new agent is by drinking without them, but I'm down. We'll toast our girls night to agent Rossi. Someone ask JJ if she's busy."

JJ was not busy, but when you and Emily asked, Morgan overheard.

"So am I not invited to the party?"