05

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

YOU GROANED. where the hell was this woman anyway? you fished your phone out of your bag and texted Yuko. she said to meet her inside a coffee shop since she told you it was your girls' day today. it was also the last weekday, finally.

____________________________

you
hey, i'm already here.
where are you exactly?

yuko
i'm currently in the bathroom.
i saw my hair earlier
and it was a MESS :')

___________________________

since she told you where she was. you placed your phone down on the table and waited for her to exit the bathroom. the scent of coffee brewing and other pastries filled the entire coffee shop, which smelled so yummy.

"y/n~"

your eyes glanced at the woman who was approaching your table. she was wearing a pink flowy dress ending above her knees and her outfit was paired with sandals. she was also carrying a white sling bag.

"hi," you spoke as she sat down, "so, why did you call me over here?" you asked. "i wanted to hang out with you," she smiled, "a date~!" she added while she clasped her hands together.

you shook your head and smiled, "then, let's get going," you said which made her face lit up even more. "yay! let's get some drinks first," she said and ordered the usual drinks you guys order.

after waiting for like 10-15 minutes, she went back with the two drinks. "here are yours and here is mine," she handed the beverage to you. you stood up before she spoke again, "let's go?"

we went to a mall because where else would you guys go? mall dates were always you and yuko's thing. sometimes, you guys just go there despite having no money. you guys just enjoyed each other's company so much, that wherever it may be, you guys will surely have fun.

"aiya~ lookie!" you turned to her direction and saw her holding two hangers. she walked towards you and brought the first piece of clothing in front of your body, checking if it looks good.

"these pants would look better on you, no?" she asked when she brought the shirt in front of you this time. "hmm... you look great with any type of color, but black really fits you well," she muttered as she hung the other dress she picked back on the rack.

she paid for the pants she bought for you and you guys went to your house—and spent the whole day inside. you both watched movies, baked, did skincare together and played videogames together. she was really cheerful so there wasn't a single awkward moment with her.

"—and then the girl kills herself. like, just because the boy doesn't like her back? she can have many boys as she like! that cheater didn't deserve such a beautiful person like her!" yuko argued as she sobbed.

you sighed and drank the beverage you picked that was in the fridge. "maybe, it's because she likes him so much to the point that she would go to extreme lengths," you commented as you both watched the movie she picked.

one word almost everyone hates. the start of a new hell week arrived. monday. why does it take so long for weekend to arrive? then, just like a few hours pass by and it's already monday..

you went to school—as usual. just another boring day, with boring assignments, lectures, gossips, and dealing with people.

"—remember my dear students... the 24th is coming up. make sure your recipe is done within this week so you won't feel any pressure for the submission, okay?" the teacher spoke, "have a great day!" she added before leaving the room.

the sun was just about 2 ½ hours away from setting. hues such as red, orange, and a slight touch of violet were seen mixing above. it was a rather beautiful sight.

not until someone jumped in front of you. where did he came from? your eyes widened as their indigo eyes stared into yours. his clothes slightly messed up by running and of course.. by that high of a jump.

"it's egg time!"

you blinked, "w-what?" did i hear that correctly? you mentally asked yourself. 'it's egg time'? what..? you would be lying if you did not find him hot right now. his hair and clothes were disheveled plus his expression, as if he ran a mile.. wait, did he? what the hell happened?

"oh— l/n...?"

you blinked when he called, "hmm?" you hummed, clutching your bag that was just in front of your thighs.

"oh! l-l/n, i gotta go!" he yelled before running away. you stood there, blinking and trying to let your mind process what just happened right in front of you. egg time? who knew someone like him would say such a weird sentence.

 egg time? who knew someone like him would say such a weird sentence

lb.