Regret & Revenge

Draco

The night of the first day of class since spring break, we all hung out in the common room. People asked us where we were and we told them we were simply having fun, and that was the truth. We did get in trouble with Professor Snape though, and he ended up taking points away from Slytherin. Snape pulled me to the side only to tell me that he saw me with the five of them outside. "You shouldn't be involving yourself with Miss. Jones like that. You're only creating more of a venerability for the dark lord to use against you." He said, which I ignored.

After going to the common room, we had to get to sleep because it was getting late and we were actually going to go to class tomorrow. "Do you still want to sleep with me or are you okay to stay in your dorm?" I asked Paisley, since she had been staying in my dorm.

"I think I'll actually be okay in my dorm." She said confidently as we walked up to the staircases to the dorms, but I found myself wanting her to say she was going to stay with me.

"Okay, goodnight love." I said, not even realizing that I had never called her that before.

She had a surprised look on her face, but then she smiled. "Goodnight." She kissed me before going up to her dorm.

When I walked into my dorm alone, I suddenly felt very lonely. She only stayed with me before because she never felt safe unless she was with me. It's not like I didn't want her to feel safe, it's just that I wanted her here.

It took me a very long time to fall asleep, not that this wasn't normal for me to stay up late, but it was probably the middle of the night by now and the closest I had gotten to sleeping was closing my eyes for a few seconds. I just couldn't sleep.

I was facing away from my door when I heard it slowly creek open. "What the hell, it's literally the middle of the night and I'm trying to sleep." I said rudely as I turned to see Paisley standing in the doorway holding a blanket. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you."

"I couldn't sleep. I know, it's so stupid." She said.

"No, just come over here already." I said impatiently. She smiled and then walked over to lay next to me. She cuddled up to me as close as possible and laid her head on my chest as we entangled our legs. That's all it took and I was finally able to sleep knowing that she was safe and protected in my arms.

✩︎✩︎✩︎

My eyes fluttered open the next morning way before I was supposed to wake up and Paisley was no longer laying next to me, but sitting up. She appeared to be...crying? "Paisley, what's wrong?" I asked with concern as I sat up as fast as I could. "Was it a bad dream?"

"No, no it was a good dream. I saw my mum. I knew this would happen eventually...that I'd have to tell you." Why do girls have to be so confusing? She was just fine yesterday.

"Okay, so why are you crying?" I asked.

"Because it reminded me of something that I've been keeping from you Draco. I've - Ive been lying to everyone." She said as she wiped her tears away.

"Paisley, you're making me nervous." I said. What could this possibly be about? I'm so confused.

"My - my last name isn't Jones. It's Garcia." She said. She really had been lying, but why? Paisley didn't say much more because she knew I was trying to think. And I know I've heard that last name before somewhere. I went all the way back and pieced things together that she told me about her mother. She died when Paisley was eight and was killed by death eaters. Her last name was Garcia.

"Oh my god Paisley." It came to me after moments of thinking. "Your mother wasn't Nova Garcia, was it?" She nodded slowly. "Why didn't you tell me?! You were in my house!!! You were in my fucking house with all those death eaters!!! Do you know how dangerous it would be if any death eater found out who you are Paisley?!! They will kill you!!! Oh my god it all makes sense now! Why you said you couldn't be with with me and why you're father kept you hidden away!!" I was standing up now and pacing around the room.