Chapter I

You never really see the things that are kept behind the curtain until the veil is lifted, and your eyes become witnesses to the truth, that really surrounds you in your everyday lives.
-Stoney Foster-

My mother and I moved to this sleepy little town of Solace to start our news lives without father. That drunken asshole will never harm us again. It was a harsh hard environment in his household never to be made into a home because of his lies, abuse and selfishness in which I'm thankful to not exist in anymore. Now I'm free. Free to be myself without tthe worry of father- the monster lurking in every corner watching not only mother's,  but my every move. No worries of being woken up in the middle the night by either screaming, stuff being thrown, or me being taken out of nightmares only to face the reality of living in a true life nightmare of being beaten at least once a week by the monster I once loved. Mom had finally fled with me after getting a divorce and receiving $100,000,000 from the settlement. My father was a wealthy owner and businessman who had top firms in alot of different cities all over the world. He just couldn't stay sober or keep it in his pants. Now I spend my days reading or writing in an old cemetery a block away from where we now live. I sit by an old oak tree in the back  right corner staying to myself. I never drive here. I always walk because it's an old beautiful neighborhood we live in. We moved the day after I graduated. Which I did early.

Today seemed like a normal topical tired old town day. Nothing much was happening. Not many people were out. I sat underneath the oak tree that were by a few weather worn tombstones. The wind was slight and it was warm. I read a book that I had picked out from the library about a girl that loved to solve mysterious and such. I'm not even talking about that Nancy something or another. This girl felt with much more grim adventures. Mythical Folklore. Treasure and well. Love. Yes. I said it. Love. L O V E,  love. Something I could only dream about. I do have to confess. I'm into it for the mystery, Folklore, and treasure. You doesn't like a good mystery novel? I do. I stayed there and read for a few hours until I got hungry. I gathered my things and started for home. I walked down the narrow path with graves on either side of me until I had got through the gate to the sidewalk the lead my straight home. I  smelt something good in the air. Someone is about to grill them up a feast. Which made me more hungry. So I hurried home. Passing beautiful houses with the white picket fences. Kids swimming pools in front with flower beds, swings and toys. I made it up the driveway into my new house and to the kitchen.

"There you are love. I was about to call you to see if you were ready to eat."

"Yes mom. I'm starving. One of the neighbors had a their grill out and was grilling something that smelt so good. I hurried home after the fragrance of smoke and meat invaded my senses. It made me even more hungry."

"Well good. I'm making homemade pizza and an apple pie for us."

"Yes! That sounds so good. I'm going to go wash up and do my business that you dont like me to do around you. After we eat, I'll clean the dishes and take the trash out."

"Ok. Sounds good. We are a team. Mother and daughter against leaving our home dirty!"

I laughed as I high fives my mom. Then headed  upstairs to my room and bathroom. I turned on rmtge Band, Starset and turned it up. I rummaged through my clothes until I found a SKYND band shirt and a black skirt. I found green and black striped leggings and grabbed my green and black checker slip on Van's. I took out my Ice Nine Kills hoodie and INK beanie as well and took it all to my bathroom. I then got my cannabis, pipe and some coke to bump. I undressed and took a few bumps and rubbed some into my gums. I took two hits from my pipe and lit a cigarette once I hopped into the shower. I got lost in my thought as I washed my body. I didn't bother with my hair. I finally rinsed myself off and finished my cigarette then hopped out and dried off.  I got dressed and did my makeup and put my whiteout contacts in and sprayed myself with perfum. I looked in the mirror and saw a beautiful gothic 17 yr old looking back at me. By the time I made it back down stairs, mother was making our plates.

"Oh mom that smells so damn good!"

"Its going to taste even better dear."

Mother put my plate down in front of me and set with hers and we feasted. The pizza and apple pie was so good. We both went for seconds.

"Mom. I'm going to the library after I finish cleaning."

"Maybe you'll meet some people while you're there."

"I highly doubt that. I'm trying to avoid people. I dont need friends. I happy being alone. Maybe one day."

"At least promise you try. I know you like being alone, but lifes so much better when you have a friend."

"You're friend enough mom."

We left it at that and carried on with supper. Once we were finished,  I gathered the dishes a d set then on the counter to organize. Then I put up the rest of the food and started on the dishes. I washed the oven pans first, then the silverware and cups. Last the plates. I then hand dried everything and put them all in their proper places.

"I dont understand why you hand wash the dishes each time when we have a perfectly brand new dishwasher. Dear "

"I guess I'm old-school like that. I dont mind hand washing dishes at all."

"Ok. If you say so."

"I do mom. After I take the trash out, I'm headed to the library."

"Ok dear. Be safe "

"Yes ma'am. I will."

I grabbed my keys and purse along with the trash and went out the door. I threw the trash away and headed to the library. The library wasn't busy. It just had a couple of people in it using WIFI. I checked out another mystery book and set down to finish the last few chapters I had in the one I was reading today in the cemetery. It was a good book. I talked to the librarian and have her the books. She checked the one I just finished in, and then I checked out the one I picked out. I girl behind me had spoke.

"Good Choice. I just recently read the one."

I turned around to see a girl about my age with red contacts, dressed in black with tattoos and peircings.

"I really like them."

"I haven't seen you around. You must be new."

"My mother and I just moved here a
Few weeks ago"

"Welcome to our small town of, Solace. I'm Jaycee."

"Thank you Jaycee. I'm Anthica."

"Badass name. Maybe I'll see you around Anthica."

"Yeah. Totally."

We announced our farewell and parted ways. Once I made it home, I ran up to my room where I took two hits of my pipe. I dressed into might clothes and proceeded to go to bed. I was tired.