Chapter 1 ~ Light

Piercing light blasted through my eyes as I saw Serenity flashing blue, Ignus flashing red and the others flashing each a different colour. The orb in the centre was so big now, it looked like it was going to burst.

It eventually did.

It shot into the sky flashing all the colours imaginable when it released 7 different symbols. One of them I recognised.

What was it?

The orb suddenly drained of colour and the symbols flooded back into us.

Why had it stopped?

I quickly found out why.

"Ignus!" I screamed, dashing over to the collapsed body. The others weren't great either.

"Guys, stay with me," I whispered, squeezing Ignus's hand.

I felt a flood of relief rush over me as they began to stir.

"Oh Ignus," I said as I squeezed him tight. Ignus wrapped his arms around me too.

I didn't even mind when Marvin opened his mouth to tease us.

"Aarica," Serenity whispered, as she hugged me. Not long after we were all clinging to each other.

"Erm, I don't mean to kill the moment guys, but we've gotta get out of here!" Marvin said urgently.

Marvin was right. There were dozens of masked men rushing towards us.

Serenity and Helena were turned towards the men, using their powers. But before Ignus could join them I took his hand and said,

"Ignus?"

"Yes?"

"Just...be careful." I whispered.

"I will." He said, with a smile.

He stared at me deeply for a moment and I wondered what he was going to do. But then he let go and rushed to help Serenity and Helena.

"Looks like you could use some help," Ignus shouted, as he blasted three men.

Serenity, Helena and Ignus were working hard to stop the men, but somehow, I wasn't sure if only three were enough. A thought kept ringing in my head.

What could I do?

What could I do?

What could I do??

But then a man grabbed Ignus's arm and was about to drop him off a cliff when I shouted,

"NO!" I charged towards the man, my blood boiling. I lunged at him and he dropped Ignus.

"Wow," Ignus breathed. "Thanks, Aarica!" Everyone just stared at me in wonder for a moment.

I blushed.

Then Serenity, Helena and Ignus all turned to the men.

"Now," Ignus grinned. "Let's finish this."