Chapter 27: Level K

Jsano opened the door to level K forcefully, allowing the door to slam behind him as he looked around. He had never been down to the basement of the academy, nor did he ever want to go down to it. The doctor had heard many things about the creepy space and its peculiarities, but the basement is a place where the most evil of the prisoners go to await for their trials. Jsano looked around, not seeing Zisteau anywhere as his heart started nervously fluttering.

"Dinnerbone said that Z would meet me down here... but... I don't see him anywhere." The doctor said to himself. From around the corner, Jeb noticed Jsano walking around. The long haired man smiled, looking at his watch as he recognized the time.

"Right on cue." Jeb smiled. He walked over to Jsano, making the doctor jump in surprise once he approached him.

"I'm sorry I startled you. I've been waiting for a while." Jeb told him. Jsano placed his hand over his heart, exhaling as he nodded.

"I, understand. Dinnerbone said Zisteau would be meeting me down here. Where is he?" The doctor asked.

"He's already at the job site. We were just waiting for you." Jeb told him. Jsano thought it was a little weird that Zisteau would arrive before him, but he didn't argue with Jeb.

"Alright. Lead the way." The doctor said. Jeb smiled, turning away from the doctor as he started to walk towards one of the many hallways in front of them. Jsano followed closely behind, taking in every little detail of the basement closely until they got to their destination. Most of the doors to the cells were rusty, and the cells themselves weren't in the best of conditions. Some of the lights didn't work, and a couple flickered on and off every now and then. Jeb stopped.

"Stay here." He ordered. The doctor watched as Jeb turned the corner, disappearing out of sight as he was left in the middle of the room. Jsano looked around, still not seeing Zisteau as his heart started to pound within the crevasse of his chest. The doctor didn't want to admit it, but he was terrified. He knew the truth about Dinnerbone and what his intentions are, but he trusted that it was already too late to turn back. Suddenly, three guards came out of nowhere, grabbing Jsano by the arms and holding him still. Jsano gasped, struggling against them as he shouted out words of protest. Jeb walked out of the shadows, a syringe filled with a purple liquid in his left hand as he wandered closer to the doctor.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Jsano asked, struggling even more against the guards, growling once he realized Jeb was only a couple of inches away from the doctor.

"No need to play coy with me, Jsano. We know the truth behind why you didn't retrieve the spell from Jason Bolderfist. You know too much about the truth, so we have to silence you." The long haired man told him. Jsano chuckled.

"Killing me would only make your problem worse. I'm not afraid of death." The doctor said. Jeb smiled, laughing hysterically at the doctor's words.

"We aren't going to kill you Jsano. You're too important for that. We have decided that a bit of, convincing, is in order." The long haired man said, holding up the syringe with the liquid inside during the time that the smile that was on Jsano's face disappeared.

"Wh-What is that...? The doctor asked nervously. Jeb shrugged.

"Oh, just a little sedative to scramble your brain a little. It will make you believe that we are not the enemy, but your former friend is." He told him. Jsano struggled more, trying to get out of the guards' grips as Jeb grabbed the doctor's arm.

"Sweet dreams, good doctor. I hope when you wake up you will realize your mistakes." Jeb said with a smile. The long haired man pointed the needle at the doctor's arm, pressing it onto the skin as Jsano's heart started to beat fast. Jeb pushed the plunger into the barrel, the purple liquid leaving the syringe and entering the doctor's viens. Jsano growled, scrunching his face as his hand clenched into a fist. The purple was clearly shown travelling up his arm, disappearing behind his shirt as it was then visible going up his neck. The plum colored serum then swirled before entering his eye sockets, his eyes widening as they shimmered purple for a split second. Then, he fell limp. Jeb chuckled.