A Winter's Ball ~ Technoblade

Requested by: the chaos crew

MCYT: Technoblade

Set in Minecraft or irl: irl

Y/N's pronouns: She/her

Background info: this was kind of inspired by 'A Winter's Ball' from Hamilton, basically the citizens of the Dream SMP are all attending a masquerade ball and Y/N meets a certain Blood God... but will she ever find out who's beneath the mask?
E/C stands for eye colour.

Author's notes: this idea is actually really fun, maybe I'll do another one later on but with a different MCYT...?

Y/N wasn't usually a party person. Or a people person. But when Wilbur and Dream had announced the first Pogtopia-L'Manberg winter ball, she couldn't resist.

She knew it as soon as she entered the hall. Glittering golden chandeliers, shining chequered dance floor in the centre, men in tuxedos and women in beautiful ballgowns, gilded tables decked with silk tablecloths and elaborate finger food... this was it. Her chance to find her Prince Charming.

Although... she looked at the room again doubtfully.
By the chocolate fountain, a boy in what could only be a duck mask and navy suit and another in a purple, orange and cyan one were catching chocolate-dipped strawberries in each other's mouths, cheering uproariously and punching the air manically whenever they landed. A tall man with fluffy brown curls was dragging another with a ram mask across the floor to the bathroom, trying and failing to snatch the bottle of red wine from his friend's hand as he slumped in his arms and drunkenly babbled about something random. Over in the corner, two boys stood in oversized suits, one excitedly pointing out every feature in the room as he ran a hand through his bright blonde hair, while the other clutched at the cup of punch in his hand with white knuckles, tapping his foot anxiously. She grinned. Thank God Tommy and Tubbo were here.

She made her way across the shining mahogany floorboards to the boys in the corner, her dress swishing as she dodged past two women giggling as they darted outside, one with fluffy brown locks, the other with tan skin and straight chocolate hair. The tall black door slammed behind them with a bang.

"Tubbo, look at all the women!" Tommy said in awe as she hurried to their side. "I'm gonna have so many girlfriends at the end of the night!"

"Not if they have any common sense," Y/N grinned cheekily.

Tommy rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Hello, Y/N."

"Hiya." She surveyed the room. "Wow. This feels weird."

"Yeah," Tubbo agreed. "I've never seen so many of us in one place, getting along."

"Mm. Hey, you gonna drink that?" Tommy pointed at his crinkling plastic cup of cherry-red liquid. Tubbo looked down at the pieces of fruit floating around it.

"No, you have it," he sighed, passing the cup to his best friend.

"Hey, go easy on that stuff, it's pretty strong," Y/N warned, making a grab for it. Tommy whisked it out the way and took a gulp.

"Hey, did you see Schlatt earlier?" Tubbo said, trying to change the subject. He stifled a laugh. "He was so drunk."

"That was Schlatt?" She didn't even realise he'd been invited.

He nodded. "In honour of the election. Some President he'd make."

Tommy snorted. "Imagine."

Y/N looked out into the sea of heads. Wow. That was actually a lot of people. So many. Too many. The colours of their dresses and outfits began to swarm into one big rainbow blur, and she began to panic. She squeezed her eyes shut and took a few deep breaths. She could do this. She'd be fine. She could... she could...