Totally Meant To Be

(Author's Note: This is actually an inside joke between me and a few friends. It was totally based on real events >:D Sorry if you might not understand it (though it's entirely possible that it'll be okay!) This is my first shot at romance, but I've been doing comedy since I was 1 and 1/2 tearing my dad's paper for work :3)

By Bene Sanchez (inspired/idealized/thought of/comissioned by Jamille Binay)

Friday Evening

Clara was cross.

She had a play to do, but her ever-so-useless director had not yet replied.

The screen of her Samsung Champ was statically showing her last text.

SAM! are you going to be in the rehearsals tomorrow, or am i asking someone else to be the director for now?

Ugh. 

Clara was thirteen, and Sam was thirteen-er. I mean, older than Clara. By a few months.

Clara was just as tall as Sam, and Sam was just as tall as Clara. Though he often insisted that he has more height.

And most importantly, Clara hated Sam, and Sam loved annoying Clara.

Knock, knock.

“Clara! Answer the door,” echoed her mother, from her bedroom.

Clara grunted, and went to the door.

“Hi Clara!"

It was her friend, Alyssa.

Alyssa and Clara, hadn’t been friends for too long. But in a span of three or so months, they became great pals. Anything can happen if you ride with a random classmate to school every day.

“Hey Alyssa,” replied Clara.

“Can I come in?” she asked.

“Sure,” said Clara as she fully opened the door, and welcomed her in.

“I need help,” she said, as she promptly sat on the sofa.

“Hm?” 

“Are you ready for your play?”

“Well, almost. We have one last rehearsal,” Clara explained.

“Eh. We’re not yet done either,” agreed Alyssa.

Clara and Alyssa were from different sections, and each section had to produce a play for the school.

“Ugh. All thanks to Sam,” grumbled Clara.

Alyssa’s eyes widened, and slit down mischievously. 

“Saaaaaam,” she teased with a mocking tone.

“Hey! Stop it,” said Clara.

“Did I ever tell you how cute you two look together?” giggled Alyssa.

“Are you even listening to me?”

“As in, super cute!” laughed Alyssa with a devious smile. “You guys are TMTB!”

“What’s that?”

“TOTALLY MEANT TO BE!”

Beep.

“Oooh, you received a text message,” said Alyssa. “I wonder if it’s from Saaaam!” she said as she went out and reached for Clara’s phone on the coffee table.

“Hey, no! Give it back!” exclaimed Clara, as she wrestled for her phone back.

“OH MY GOD! IT IS FROM SAM! ‘Heeyyy–’”