Chapter 2

~Mia~
     I watched as our space home blew up right in front of me, like a balloon that popped, with my parents in it.
  "Mom, Dad" I whispered as the tears kept flowing.
I look at my hand and see the bracelet dad made for me, it was made of multicoloured beads and the day he gave me, he said "I'll be with you, to infinity and beyond…"

Why did they leave me…
Why? Is my life like this?
Why can't I just be a normal eight year old, with a normal life on Earth?

"I'll make you proud mom&dad, I will"
"I Mia-"
A loud female voice disrupted my thoughts

'HELLO NASA TOWER 5 TO ASTRONAUT, CAN YOU HEAR ME'

I couldn't picture where the voice was from so I started looking around.

'CAN YOU HEAR ME'
I looked around to see where the voice was coming from I couldn't see anything, so I stood up and went to the window.

'HELLO, CAN YOU HEAR ME'

Who is that?

"God is that you?" I whispered…

HELLO? PLS ANSWER IF YOU CAN HEAR ME.

"I-i can hear you" I said sniffing from crying.

GREAT, YOU ARE ON THE SPACE CRAFT TAKING YOU BACK TO EARTH.

"Are Mommy and Daddy coming too, did you help them, Miss?" I asked hoping she would say yes even if I saw the space apartment blow up with them still in it.

I'M SORRY BUT MOMMY AND DADDY ARE GONE.

I started to cry…
I would never see my parents again.

SHH... ITS OKAY HONEY. GO TO THE PLACE WHERE THE SCREENS ARE AND PUSH THE PURPLE BUTTON.

I did as she said, as I pushed the button, the screen turned on, revealing a woman in her mid-30's, she had brown wavy hair and green eyes.

"Hello, my name is Stephanie" the woman said with a smile.
"Hello, I'm Mia" I said shyly.
"Aww you're such a cutie" she said grinning from ear to ear.

We talked for what seemed like hours. I found that she had a son a few years older than I am, she likes colour blue and she taught me everything to know about the space craft, where the space food was, the bathroom, and all the basics.

"Mia you've drifted far away from earth, it take might some time to get you to earth, since you can't operate the space craft, it'll take longer because you're on auto pilot"
"By some time, how long do you mean?" I asked curiously.
"Maybe… a few years" she said with a raised eyebrow.
" But I want to see my parents now" I whined.
"Mia, I'm sorry but you need to calm down" she explained.
"I can't wait for you get here, so I can meet you personally, there's a lot of things about earth you should know about" she added.
"Okay." I replied looking at my feet.
"You know what Mia?" Stephanie asked raising her eyebrows.
"What?"
"There should be a book and a pen in that compartment over there, write about life on here" she said pointing to a metal thingy.

When Josephine said a few years, I didn't know she meant eternity!?

I'm sure it has been 5 years or more! {I lost count after 3 days}.

Stephanie helped me through everything, and by everything I meant growing and becoming a teen.

It was lonely up here, only Stephanie and the twinkling stars kept me sane.

I wonder what earth would be like, I'm sure there'll be other people like me. But, how am I going to fit in? I don't know anything about earth and their customs, or how they live their life on there. What would the people be like?

I look through the window and I see earth from afar, inching closer daily…

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/N
Whooo hooo-
Second chapter…
Mia sure is lonely up there.

QOOTD; What would you use to pass your time if you were all alone in space?

Don't forget to vote and comment!✴

~M❤