Chapter 3: The Funeral

It has been four days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 15 seconds since Martha died and right now, we are getting ready for Martha's funeral. Whenever I think of her, I remember all the fun, like when we went to the fall carnival, and I wanted to go on the pony ride, but I wasn't tall enough. She put toilet paper in my shoes to help me appear taller. God, I miss her.

"Y/n, let's go," yelled my mom from downstairs

"Coming, mom!"

***********************************************************************

We arrived at Kent's residents, that's where the funeral is being held, we were all giving speeches, I was next, other than Clark I was the closest to Martha, then I heard.

"Thank you, Jordan, that was a great speech; next is... y/n" I walk to the podium and take a deep breath; for Martha, I kept telling myself.

"When I think of Martha, I think of a story John Lennon once told. When Lennon was 5, his teacher asked their students to write down what they wanted to be when they were older" I started to tear up.

"Lennon wrote 'Happy,' his teacher told him he didn't understand the assignment, and Lennon said they didn't understand life, Martha understood life. When I was 10, I remember I wanted to go on a vacation to National City, Metropolis, among other places." The best trip ever, by the way.

"My parents couldn't take me, so I asked Martha, and she agreed that we were headed to National City one day, but our car broke down. While it was in the repair shop, we ate at this little diner in Masonville, and it turned out to be one of the days of my life, and that was my favourite memory of Martha; I never told her this, but I thought it," I started to cry.

"I love you, Martha, I always have and always will," then I go back to my seat and sit back down; I wipe away my tears.

After the funeral was the reception, I grab all the food I see because I love to stress eat, and I look for Sarah; I find her at the front door.

"Hey," I said

"Hey, that was an amazing speech; I'm so sorry," said Sarah

"Thanks, I don't know what to do. My dad just got a job offer, and my mom is barely here. What am I gonna do?" I asked her.

"Hey, y/n you'll have me ok. I'm sorry, but you're stuck with me whether you like it or not" then she steals one of my chips.

"Hey," I say annoyingly,

"Heyyyyy," she says back. We talk for a while, then Clark comes. Sarah leaves to gives us privacy.

"Hey, y/n, I want you to meet my boys; this is Jonathan" He points to a tall, well-groomed male with dirty blonde hair. His eyes, his eyes were gorgeous, they were a pale shade of blue, but they had specks of green.

"And this is Jordan," He points to a male who is the complete opposite of him, he was more closed off, he had messy hair, but he pulled it off, his hair was jet black, and his eyes were a deep shade of brown, it reminded me of dark chocolate.

"And this is my wif-" I cut Clark off.

"Lois freaking Lane, I am such a huge fan I aspire to be you one day," I said, totally fangirling.

"Aw, that's so sweet; how bout one day I can teach you everything I know," she said smiling. I nodded vigorously

"Sure," oh my gosh, Lois Lane was gonna teach me how to become a reporter.

"Okay, then Lois and I will leave you guys to talk," said Clark, then he and Lois leave.

"So your name is y/n," said Jonathan. I nod

"Do you by any chance know who that girl was? The girl you were talking to, I mean," said Jonathan.

"Jooooon," I hear Jordan whisper

"Ya, I do; she's my best friend, Sarah Cushing," I said

"Do you think I can have her number?" asked Jonathan

"Jonathan!!" Jordan says, raising his voice

"I'm sorry about him," I chuckle. "It's ok, it's just the wifi is awful right now," I said

"Oh, I can fix it. It's in the barn," said Jonathan.

"But we aren't allowed to go in the barn," said Jordan

"Ya, Dad told us that when we were like 5," Jordan rolled his eyes,

"Ok fine," said Jordan. Then we head to the barn.

We look for the router.

"Found it," said Jordan.

There was a ladder, and then I see Jordan started climbing it. Right next to the ladder were large metal poles.

"Be careful, Jordan," I said

"I almost go it" He puts his foot on the metal poles that are hanging by a thread. I walked under the poles to make sure that it was secure, but it happened so suddenly.

Jordan fell, and Jonathan tries and protects him, and now they are both on the ground, and I dive to defend them. Now we all are under a stack of metal poles. We were all calling for help, and then it hit me.

"How are we not dead? These poles should have crushed us" I tried to speak

"Y/n, you shouldn't have saved us," said Jordan

"Well, your dad can't lose anyone else," I yell for help again then someone comes into the barn.

"What happened?" They asked

"Help, we need help," I said

"Okay, I'll be right back, try not to shift; you'll make it worse," They said.

Then we hear

"Boys!" said Clark

"Dad, help," said Jordan, I try to move because I haven't heard Jonathan speak, but I can't. I guess the adrenaline must've hit Clark because he lifted the metal poles like they weighed nothing unless...nahhh.

Then we start to see the light and Clark's face, and it's full of worry and disappointment. Jordan and I get up, and we see Jonathan on the floor. Oh no.

"JON!" Clark yelled. Jordan goes on his knees and shakes Jonathan. Jonathan starts to laugh.

"Gotcha ya" Then he gets up I playfully punch him

"Sorry, not sorry," then I walk away

I look for Sarah again, and I find her by the food; when she sees me, she drops her food.

"Y/n, your alive" she runs up and hugs me.

"I know I'm surprised too; let's go. I need to find Jordan and Jonathan,"

We find them talking to Clark and Lois. Clark looks at me and signals me to come, and I bring Sarah with me. He gives me a side hug then looks at me

"Are you ok?" he asked

"Ya, I'm it's just weird, I was thinking about it, Jordan and I are fine, and we had the bigger impact, but Jonathan has a couple of scrapes and scars with less of an impact; also, none of us have broken bones," I said this is too weird.

"Excuse me, can Lois and I talk alone for a sec?" we nod our heads

"Hey, so all this stuff aside, there's this bonfire that happens on the 2nd Monday of the school year; each year, do you guys wanna come?" I ask

"Sure, we'll be there," said Jonathan, then he whispers to me

"Will, your friend, be there?" said Jonathan. I nodded. Then...

"Y/n, can I talk to you?" said Clark