~Part Two~ The Criminal's Assistant

I ran inside as quickly as I could and warned her "The ICP is here! Let's go!" As she stood she looked at the window then looked at me. "Shit! I forgot we were on the third floor." I said getting more and more nervous by the second. "You think you can make that jump Jake or are ya too scared?" She said with a mocking smile. "N-no way I'm jumping from this height! Are you crazy?!" I declared back at her. Four officers walked in, all unarmed except for one that had a pistol in his hand aiming it right at me. "Put your hands up and give her to us, kid. We don't want to have to hurt you." He said, still aiming the gun at me. I became furious and my wolf awoke for the first time but I was too full of adrenaline to notice. "Why don't you make me!" I said as my eyes turned into a blood red "I want to see you do something you'll regret" I said as I grinned at him. I just stood there a moment, a moment that lasted years. "Guess I have no choice" said the gunman as he re-stiffened the gun in his hand. I, almost instinctual, kicked the gun out of his hand and grabbed it, then knocked him out with the butt of the gun. Another officer tried to ram me from behind but I grabbed him by the arm and threw him into another, causing them both to hit the iron door. A fifth walked into the room and stood alongside the two on the floor. One from the floor stood up and tried to run at me -- I could see all his movements as though they where in slow motion -- so I shot him. Then the fifth officer brought out a blade the size of a size 13 shoe from his wine red overcoat and tried to stab me. I rammed him and his blade went right into my stomach. In dire pain and survival instinct, I pulled it out and pressed it against his neck. "Come near me or her again and I wont be as merciful!" I roared at him. I grabbed the knife and Jasmine's arm, making me and her both jump out of the window. When we landed I noticed the stab closing with what looked like steam coming out of it. I hid it so that Ashley would have nothing to worry about, and we ran. We ran for nine miles before I knocked out due to exhaustion.

I woke up on Jasmine's lap, and as I looked around I noticed we were under a tree surrounded by a beautiful display of stars. "Just like our first night huh? seems like just yesterday you were just opening yourself up." Jasmine said as she stared up to the sky. "Jasmine we really need to talk, it's seriously important." I said as I remembered the sad, sad truth of it all. "You're only alive because of me... because of what i had to do." "What do you mean? What did you do?" she asked me. As I explained what The Eye took in return for her life, it felt as though hours came to pass, painful, overwhelmingly sad hours. After a moment of a deafening silence she spoke, "Are you trying to get me back for what I did at the hospital? Cause it's not funny you ass." she said with a separating tone. "No, I swear this isn't a joke. By the time I finally came up with a plan to get my feeling back the ICP got to the hospital and well, you know the rest." I started trying to calm the surrounding aura of pain and confusion. "And what was your so called 'plan' anyway?!" It sounded like she didn't believe I came up with something after-all. "Well I was going to go to The Eye and ask for my emotions back but the ICP got there before I left, which I'm kind of glad about cause they woulda gotten to you if i had left." I boldly stated in her face. "I can take care of myself and you know it!" she angrily snapped at me. I stayed quiet afterwards in fear of her snapping at me once again. "That's what I thought, always staying quiet when anyone shows their teeth at you." she continued on. "and another thing, instead of sen--" "shush! listen!" I cut her off, diverting her attention to the sound of helicopters coming towards our direction.

We immediately ran towards the dense canopy of trees and it surely didn't help that we were at the middle of the savanna-type clearing. As the sound of helicopters started getting closer and closer we ran as fast as we could...