❤︎ Fun Gone Astray [2]

((AN: Things get slightly heated as the chapter goes on =) I don't know if that actually needs a warning or not so yeah, I guess be aware =)) ))

The cherry vodka I drank has definitely boosted my confidence.

I look up at the handsome guy in front of me through my mascara-covered lashes and greet him.

First, he scans my face, pausing on my eyes and lips longer than needed, and then moves down my frame. A smirk lifts the side of his mouth.

"I want a drink," Abby slurs, bursting my bubble and reminding me that the blond dude and she are here too.

I smile and point out, "You've had enough."

She pouts, her brown eyes unfocused as she prepares herself to argue.

The nameless blond guy tightens his hold on Abby and turns to me. "I think I should take her back to her place. Do you want me to drop you off too?"

"Thanks but I'll manage." I move a strand of Abby's hair behind her ear with a smile. I have lots of unexecuted plans. The night is young, and the fun is just about to get started.

My idiot friend should have been more careful with her number of drinks. Hopefully, tomorrow's hangover will teach her a good lesson.

They stumble away, the guy carrying her entire weight.

But the most important part is, the hottie and I are alone.

My thoughts run round in circles as I try to spark a conversation. I'm out of shape. In high school, before Drew, everything came so easily and naturally to me. I had every boy wrapped around my fingers back then.

Finally, I settle with the most uncreative option. "I wanna grab a drink. Do you want one too?"

The smirk gives place to amusement. "Sure," he replies. His voice is low and deep, causing goosebumps to break through my skin. I am so gonna go more than one round with this eyecandy.

We make our way to the kitchen while keeping my excitement at bay, we each pick up a cheap red cup and stand in an empty corner.

"Are you Abigail's friend?" I wonder aloud after gulping my drink.

"I know her, but James is my buddy."

So the blond guy's name is James. I nod. Noted. Tomorrow I'll ask Abby if something's going on between them.

The hottie quirks an eyebrow at me. A silent question.

I shrug. "She is my best friend, so I was curious."

A beat of silence passes between us as he nods. Then it hits me. I would never forget this face. "I've never seen you on campus, do you go to NYSID?"

He frowns. "NYSID?"

"New York school of interior design."

His mouth shapes an O before shaking his head. "I study in Colombia business school. A friend of mine is one of this party's hosts. Though I have never seen you in parties before," he says and takes a sip from his drink, his eyes never leave my face. His gaze is so intense that it smoulders me.