Ben and Tony Bear. Book 12. Ben saves Tony Bear.

Ben and Tony were on their summer holiday with Mummy and Daddy.  Today, Ben and Tony Bear were going to the beach with Mummy and Daddy, and Nannies Dog Poppy who had come on holiday with them. Ben had new crocs to wear but he did not want to wear them as they were new,so Mummy asked Ben what he wanted too wear onto the beach. Ben looked around and pointed to his wellies.
"Okay, you can wear your wellies." Said Mummy. Mummy dressed Ben in his swimming shorts and T-shirt. Mummy then put sun cream on him and herself. She got some food in a bag and Daddy got the beach tent and blanket. Daddy carried the tent, blanket, bucket and spade. Mummy took Poppy dog on the lead and took Ben's hand. Ben held Tony Bear in his free hand.
Off they went to the beach. Ben was very excited when he saw the sea. He jumped up and down excitedly with Tony Bear in his hand at the very edge of the waves.  The waves lapped the edges of his wellies.
"Be careful Ben, keep tight hold of Tony Bear or he will get washed out to sea if you drop him in the sea." Ben looked at Mummy and Daddy. He laughed happily and continued to jump up and down. " I don't think he understood what I said then. " Mummy said to Daddy as they set up the beach tent.
Mummy watched closely and just as if she knew what would happen, Tony slipped from Ben's hand. Ben cried out. Mummy cried out. For a second Ben watched as the tide took Tony away from him. He hesitated. That was water, lots of it.
"Tony!" Ben thought called to him.
HELP!!!" Blubbed Tony.  Then Ben did something he had never done before because of his autism all things to do with sensations,including letting water touch his skin was really bad. It was like having acid touch him.  Even getting into a bath was a very hard thing for Ben to do. He would struggle, put his feet on the edge of the bath anything to stop being put into two inches of water.  Ben watched Tony drift away from him on the tide.

 Then Ben walked bravely into the sea.  The sea came over his boots and soaked his feet.  Ben made a grab for Tony and missed.  Ben walked out further, the sea came up to his knees.   Daddy strode in after Ben and grabbed his arm. Ben made another desperate grab as another big wave came and tried too pull Tony away from him.

Ben caught him.  Ben did not like getting wet.  Daddy grabbed him up as Ben held tightly to Tony.
     "Thank you, thank you. " said Tony as he snuggled soggy and dripping wet in Ben's arms.
     " That was very silly,"said Mummy very relieved, as she wrung the sea water from Tony Bear.           " But,  it was also very brave of you to rescue Tony like that. " Ben hugged Mummy and Daddy, and Tony tightly. Mummy gave Tony to Daddy to take back to the caravan to dry out. Tony needed a bath now to get rid of the sea water or his fur would go funny and stiff.

As Daddy carried Tony off to dry out a bit,  Tony waved a big thank you to Ben. Tony would have a story to tell the other toys when they got home. The story of how Ben had bravely saved him from the sea at the risk of getting water on himself, and even maybe drowning.   Mummy was proud of Ben for what he did for his best friend and also very relieved that they were both safe.