AFTERWORD

So in case you didn't know, several of the project leads that created Dead Space have formed a new studio and are making a brand new third-person-shooter sci-fi/horror game called The Callisto Protocol.

Go watch the trailer for it right now if you haven't yet, it looks AWESOME.

Given Dead Space 1 & 2 are two of my favorite games in the whole world, up there with Halo and Half-Life and KOTOR, naturally I am extremely amped for this game.

Not long after I found out about it, I decided to try and get in on the ground floor of the fandom. I've never really been able to do this before. So I tracked down the SubReddit for the game, signed up, and an idea for a speculative fan fiction came to me.

I figured, why not?

Especially after I made that cover.

I wrote it in odd intervals over the course of about one month, staring sometime in February and finishing up just today (03.28.2021).

I hope you enjoyed it. I've got one or two more ideas kicking around, we'll see if they're worth writing at some point. I've never written fan fiction about something before it was out. It was kind of interesting and fun. I hope I didn't go too hard on the mystery aspect of it, I know that can be annoying, but acting under the obvious handicap of ignorance about the true plot of the game, I wanted to leave it very open-ended and mysterious.

Thanks for reading!