one

I am not looking forward to be queen. My father is putting all this pressure on me to do the right things. I mean I want to be a good queen for the kingdom, it's just a lot. On top of that my father has been super overprotective since my mother was murdered, we have no idea who did it but father has put our best men on the case to see who did it. All we know is that it happened over a period of time, which makes no sense on how they did.

"Good morning darling." Father says as I walk into the kitchen. He is sitting at the head of the table drinking his morning coffee. "How is the investigation going?" I ask sitting across from him. "Well they aren't even close to finding who did it but they think someone put something in her pills and it was killing her over time. That is why I need to hire someone to be with you all day everyday." "What father I don't need to be protected." I pout.

Then the head of security walks in, Dawson. "King Scott I don't mean to eavesdrop but I know the perfect man for the job to protect your daughter." "Go on" Father says intrigued. "Well sir my son, Wyatt has been trained by the best and has a lot of practice." Father gives a pondering look "Not a bad idea Dawson, we will meet him tomorrow."

-

Father and I are waiting in the living room for Dawson and his son. They arrive and my eyes shoot to Dawson's son. He is tall and muscular, tan body, jet black hair and emerald eyes. He walks in my directions and bows "I'm Wyatt James Henderson." I curtsy and respond "I'm Ophelia Adeline Scott, it's a pleasure Wyatt." I offer my hand, he smiles and plants a kiss right in the center. "Wyatt your mission is to protect my darling daughter at all costs." "Yes sir." Wyatt responds giving father a small salute. I think I'm going to like having him around.

Darkness surrounds me and my breath gets staggered. I hear gunshots behind me so I sprint as fast as I can. People are chasing me. Their footsteps thunder behind me, I hear yelling but I can't make out what they are saying. I trip and someone pulls my leg, they grab my neck and strangle me. "Tell me where it is!" They growl. "I don't know!" I cry and slowly lose consciousness.

I snap up and my breathing is uneven. I blink a few times as my eyes adjust to the darkness, my breath gets even and I decide to get up. I check the time, it's 3:00 a.m. Well I can't go back to sleep so I head to the library down the hall. Our library is one of my favorite places to spend my time.

I make my way to a table in the left corner of the library where the books are in shelves that reach the ceiling. I grab a book and skim through the pages. "What are you doing up?" A voice says from behind which startles me, It's Wyatt. "I could ask you the same thing Wyatt." "I was going to check on you, your majesty." "You don't have to call me that." "What do you want me to call you then?" "Just Ophelia or anything." "Ok your majes- I mean Ophelia."

Wyatt takes the seat next to me, grabs a book and runs his index finder down the spin. I put down the book and stare at him "What?" He asks "You don't talk much do you?" "I just don't like talking." "If you do talk it's very bland." "Ok." "You're no fun." "Fine I'll start a conversation, why are you up Ophelia?"

I don't really want to tell him so I shift my gaze to the ground. "Hey.." He says putting his hand on my shoulder and I flinch. I don't really like touching and since my nightmares I don't like touch even more. Wyatt gives me a weird look. I just grab my book and pretend to read. I don't fully trust him so I think I'll keep my flaws to myself. Hopefully he can't see through me.

Hey guys it's Sophie! Thanks for reading this far. There is more to come just wait. Hope you have an amazing day! :)