four

Wyatt has his hands of my waist as my arms are around the back of my neck. "You look stunning Lia." Wyatt says smiling at me and I blush. We are dancing in the middle of the ballroom as everyone states at us.

I lay my head on his shoulder and he pulls me closer to him. As we slowly sway to the music I knew in that moment that this guy would change my life.

All of a sudden fog floods the ballroom so no one can see. Someone shoots a gun and people scream. I try to find Wyatt but I can't. Someone drags me and pulls me to the side of the ballroom. "Lia!" I hear Wyatt yell in the distance. "Wyatt!" I yell then the man with a mask puts his hand over my mouth.

The gunshots continue, people fall to the ground and I see the life draining out of their eyes. I try to get away but he holds a gun to my head. "Tell me where is its!" The masked man roars. "I don't know what you want!" I whimper scared to move. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. TELL ME WHERE IT IS! Or I'll shoot." He says putting the gun closer to my head. "NO!" Wyatt yells pushing me out of the way. The masked man pulls the trigger and it seemed like everything went in slow motion.

My heart drops as I see the man shoot Wyatt. The man chuckles and walks away. I run to Wyatt's side and see all the blood going on to the floor. I sob trying to stop the bleeding with my hands. "Lia...." He says lightly before he loses consciousness.

-

It has been days since the ball and I have been in this hospital chair since they took Wyatt in. I haven't gone back to the castle. Grayson has come once in a while but that's it. Wyatt isn't awake. The doctors said he lost a lot of blood but they got the bullet out just in time.

I haven't eaten anything because hospital food is horrible and I just don't feel like eating. I hate seeing him like this. Hooked up to all these machines and it's all my fault. He could've died! I just wish there is something I could do.

Grayson walks in with a tray of food. "Hey Ophelia, you want any of this food" "No thanks." "Come on. You need to eat something." "I'm fine." "Ok then, more for me." He practically devours the meal.

Wyatt shifts in his bed and Grayson and I stand up in shock as Wyatt slowly wakes up. "Hey bro! You're awake!" Grayson walks over to Wyatt and slaps his arm where he got shot. Wyatt winces and I shoot a glare to Grayson.

Wyatt's eyes meet mine and I burst into tears "I am so sorry Wyatt. This is all my fault, I should be the one strapped to machines. You don't deserve any of this and it is all my fault." "Hey hey hey. This isn't your fault, I chose to take the bullet and I would do it again." He says weakly. Wyatt reaches with his good arm and wipes a tear off my check.

"Ophelia come on we should let him rest." Grayson says pulling me out of the room. "Hey Grayson I have an idea. You could train me! You know so I can protect myself!" "Yea no, I'm not teaching the princess how to protect herself." "Come one Grayson pleaseeeeeeee. I could get you a raise." I see his I have his attention now. "Fine. I'll train you." My face lights up and I give Grayson a big hug. He pushes me off him "I don't like hugs." "Too bad Grayson."

I know I seem weak cause I'm a princess but I got a few tips from my mom because she did some police stuff before she became queen. But at least I get to start training with Grayson.