eight

I wake up with a pounding headache. While my eyes adjust to the brightness I look next to me and see this guy asleep. Holy shit how stupid was I last night? I get up and walk down to the kitchen.

No one else is up. I sit down and rest my head on the table. Someone rubs my back and I sit up. It's Wyatt. "Morning" he says handing me some pain killers. "Wyatt I don't fully remember what I did last night but I am sorry." "It's ok, you are a good kisser though." He says smirking at me. I remember some of kissing Wyatt but I don't know how far I went.

He takes a seat next to me drinking coffee. I lay my head on his shoulder and groan because my headache is killing me. "Hey so I have to go get some sort of massage from my dad today so that will take about a few hours so it is just going to be you and Grayson." Great. I am still mad at Grayson.

-

I am wandering the castle and end up in Dawson's office. For being the head of security and two sons his office is pretty nice. "What the hell are you doing in my dad's office?" Grayson says behind me. "Oh look it's the dick head." I say fake smiling. "Look I'm really sorry I didn't mean to push you, I blame the drinks. Plus you made out with my brother!" "Uh I blame the drinks." I mock him and he just rolls his eyes.

I examine Dawsons office, he has a lot of books. I run my hand on the spins of the books and pull one out. But the book doesn't come out. I hear a click and one of the bookshelves slowly open. Grayson and I both look at each other confused. There is a dark hallway that leads to who knows what. The door slowly closes. "Lia!" Wyatt yells barging in. "Lia we need to talk..."

Wyatt leads me to the living room and Grayson follows. Wyatt is pacing and running his fingers through his hair. "Lia...Your dad died from a heart attack...."

My heart sinks into my stomach at those words. This can't be happening right now. I grab my chest and sit on the couch. I sob into my hands, Grayson and Wyatt sit on either side of me. My father was all I had left. We became so close in the loss of my mother and now he is gone. He is gone and I will never see him again.

My ears ring and I block out anything anyone is saying. I see Wyatt sit in front of me and say something but I am not comprehending what he is saying. Grayson rubs my back while Wyatt holds my hands.

I haven't left the couch for days. I am just sitting here staring at the wall while everyone plans a funeral. Dawson is back and told me I have to have a coronation for becoming queen. I just nod and continue staring off into the obis.