thirteen

Grayson's plan is to come get me out when Wyatt's shift is over. After he breaks me out we go looking for the crown right away. We have to find the crown before Dawson.

It is now late at night and Wyatt just finished his torture session. I was so close to telling him what I know but that would have put a lot of people in danger.

The vent creaks open and Grayson comes out holding pliers. He cuts the chains as quickly as possible and helps me up. It is hard for me to stand up because of how long I have been down here without food or water. I loose my balance and hold onto Grayson for support. "Ophelia can you walk?" I nod weakly, he puts one of my arms around his neck and slides his arm around my waist.

We hobble to the vent. My legs give out and Grayson catches me before I hit the ground. I am slowly loosing consciousness. In my eyes Grayson looks blurry. "Come on Ophelia, stay with me please." He begged trying to get me up.

"No!" Wyatt swings open the door and grabs Grayson. He punches Wyatt across the face causing him to stumble back. Wyatt throws Grayson to the ground and he groans. "Wyatt stop!" I yell struggling to get up. I am not strong enough to help Grayson. I got to find something to stop them.

Their hands are at each other's throats by now. My eyes are scanning the room of what I can do. Grayson slams Wyatt into the wall and Wyatt grabs Grayson's legs and pulls him down with him.

My eyes land on a pistol. I slowly creep and grab the pistol. I look over to see Wyatt strangling Grayson. I shoot the pistol in the air and Wyatt drops Grayson. They both give me a confused look then Grayson swings his fist at Wyatt knocking him out. "Come on!" Grayson roars. He grabs me and we run as far from Wyatt as possible.

Grayson and I are running the halls and he pulls me into the library. We head to the back corner and crouch behind the bookshelves. We are both breathing heavily.

Grayson slides his hand into mine. His warmth makes me feel safe. I lay my head on his shoulder and look up at him. The structure of his face is flawless. He looks down at me and smiles. I love his smile. "What?" He chuckles "Nothing" I reply just admiring him.

Grayson leans down, his lips landing on mine. His kiss sends a shiver down my spin. I almost forgot what was wrong. Almost.

I break the kiss when I hear footsteps outside the library. I can't make out what they are saying. "I hear Wyatt." Grayson whispers. I listen hard to hear the voices. It's Wyatt, Dawson and two other men I don't know. They are looking for the crown. "Grayson we have to go." My voice in panic "Wait why?" "They are going after the crown. We have to find it before them."