Chapter 5: Lies Within the Truth.

|Hatred for Love|

The whole day, Naruto had locked himself in his room. The candle was now a solidified puddle of wax on the table. Ignoring his guildmates' attempts to intrude on his privacy came easy enough as he had gained a fortitude to ignore matters that concerned him not.

When his watch read ten, the doors to his room opened and he walked out, his eyes glaring at the hallways as he made his way to a spot that would allow him to view the wonderful night sky.

The hallways had the same design. He noticed a lady trying her best to blend with the wall. He almost scoffed at the blatant insult of his specialty - camouflage - but he passed by the lady not at all interested in her company.

The woman, however, was not one to accept being ignored as easily as Naruto did. She latched onto his arm this stopping him from proceeding further. His annoyance was not hidden as he glared at her.

"What do you want, Ultear?" Naruto asked, voice conveying his irritation.

Ultear Milkovich gave a pout they both knew was fake. "Aww, Naruto. We don't see each other for months and that's how you greet me?"

If the pout did not irritate him enough, the innocence on her face certainly did. The glare he focused on her had Ultear extract her hand from his lest she lost it. She clicked her teeth and put her hands on her curves, playfully glaring at Naruto.

"Geez darling, you're as cold as ever," Ultear said with a glare, effect nullified by the smile she wore on her face. She seductively smirked as her fingers began circling around his chest. "But you also really handsome."

He grabbed her wrist tightly and glared at her. "I don't wish  to play your games Ultear," He declared. "Now, what do you want?"

Ultear ripped her hand away and held it, rubbing it to soothe the mild pain she felt.

She smirked slyly, "You're rough and I like that." Seeing the lack of amusement on his face, she lost her smirk as she inquired, "So, were you following that redhead again?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Naruto said.

"Sure you don't," Ultear retorted sarcastically with a slight frown. "Every mission you take nowadays seem to somehow involve that redhead. Is that a coincidence?"

"What are you trying to say?" Naruto asked with narrowed eyes.

"That for someone that you completely detest, you're quite fond of her," she responded as she looked into his eyes. "Why is that? I've been obvious with my affection for you for years my love and yet that redhead takes your heart without effort. What does she have that I do not, Naruto?"

Looking into her eyes, the blond could see a look of curiosity laced with desperation and something much more dangerous. The eye contact lasted for longer than the purple-haired woman would have preferred as she inched forward.

"Don't ignore me!" Ultear yelled, as she glared desperately at Naruto.

The blond narrowed his eyes, and for a moment he could almost see Ultear's motives before he sighed. "I don't really understand why, but I can tell you when."

He smiled as just the memory of how he first encountered the bright light that assaulted his dull world came to him. He sat down and leaned his back on the wall. Ultear did the same and sat next to Naruto, waiting for the answer.

With his eyes above, the blonde began his tale. "Back then, I had thought that for sure, nothing would have made me important and significant enough to gain the acknowledgement I sought."