Chapter 8: Meeting Your Source of Hatred.

|Hatred for Love|

"So why you here Brian? Trying to join my fan club or something?" Naruto asked and Brain felt as if he was under a scope.

Nevertheless he answered. "First, my name is Brain and I'm here to speak with you about matters concerning the Balaam Alliance."

Despite the calm he showed outwardly, Brain was anything but that on the inside. The feeling that Naruto knew that his child was under Brain's custody frightened the calm man. He practically shuddered when he remembered the last time Naruto had lost control, which had resulted in a barren wasteland fifty kilometres in diameter.

Unaware of the fear in Brain's being, Naruto's face lit up with recognition as he said, "The Balam Alliance eh? What guild do you represent?"

Again, Brain had the feeling that while Hades' boy did not consider him a threat, he could feel the darkness that was characteristic of every dark mage. The darkness that everyone had concealed deep inside everyone.

"Oracion Seis."

|Hatred for Love|

Naruto squinted his eyes, racking his brain for any records of the name. He could not remember. He did not even know why he had asked for the name. The only guilds from the Alliance that he recalled was the one he was in and the Thriving Succubus – the latter because of its abundance in women of every kind.

Naruto gave up when his thoughts went to other matters other than the ones pertaining to Oracion Seis. He looked at Brain, "Which one's yours again?"

"One of the strongest three, alongside your guild," the older man explained.

Ah, Hades' closest associate in the Alliance. Naruto's attention came to a sharp focus and he regarded Brain with the seriousness he felt inside.

"I see," he said. "Why come to me and not the ancient relic up the ranks?"

Brain face practically whispered, 'Ah.'

Verbally, the dark mage said, "I have already spoken to Hades. He said that you might be cleared to help me in the coming days."

Naruto nodded, accepting the words for what they were. He remained silent, waiting for a brief report or outline for his task.

Brain provided it willingly. "I'm closer in uncovering the location to Nirvana and I'm going to need your help."

After saying those words, Brain studied Naruto. They both knew that Brain was aware of the blonde's immaturity being a tactic of getting an edge over his opponents. They also knew that neither considered the other an ally.

"I've heard of it." Naruto nodded. "A strong magic that makes good guys bad and bad guys good." He thought about what could his task be in the operation and glared at Brain suspiciously. "If you expect me to pick up a shovel and dig for you, you have another thing coming!"

The white-haired man waved his hand to clear up the confusion. "No no, let me rephrase my statement. What I want you to do is to take care of some trash the magic council will no doubt sent to us if we find it's location." Brain explained. "My spies told me that the council has become wary of us, after one of our... missions to a town became quite destructive."

"I remember reading of it in the Sorcerer Weekly. You guys sure did make a commotion and just for that, consider me hired," Naruto stated with a brief nod. "Since I also like your style, I'll give you a forty percent discount. My expected payment will be 200,000,000 jewels up front and 100,000,000 after the mission is finished. Do we have a deal?"