Situation-ship

April 10, 2020Beyoncé

April 10, 2020
Beyoncé

"Who's texting your phone? It's going off like a vibrator." Onika looked up at me and she tried reaching for my phone.

"Of course you would know."

"Oh so you tryna make fun of me being deaf now?" Onika smirked looking at me.

"Man stop doing that." I plucked her forehead and she laughed slapping my hand away. She's been doing this shit for a month now. She's trying to find the best out of her situation so I'm not mad.

"You trying to get me caught up with them deaf jokes you be doing. It's not funny." I signed, I think.

"Girl. You need more practice with your signing because you ain't signed shit but like 8 words and the rest just look like fucking gang signs." She laughed in my face.

"It isn't funny, I'm really trying." Which was true. I was trying to get better everyday, and I was getting better but I wasn't where I should be.

"It's okay baby." She sat up. "But seriously. Who's texting you?"

"Robyn added me into a group chat with her and Lauren." She raised her brow so I clarified it. "They're arguing and think I'm about to risk my life and get in the middle."

She nodded. She knew I wasn't lying because Lauren does it to her sometimes. Robyn does it to me all the damn time, I just ignore them now.

"Can we go and get my hearing aids today please?" She looked up at me, pecking my lips.

"Mhm" I kissed her again. "We were supposed to go yesterday but you wouldn't wake up."

"Okay but sit up." I sat up and Nic took a dramatic deep breath. "Okay you have to call me Ms. Maraj from now on."

She joked before she started helping me with my struggles. Even though she wasn't the best at ASL she knew more than me and she didn't mind teaching me what she knew. We sat her for a couple minutes learning more as we go, then I remember the conversation me and Robyn had not to many days ago.

"Baby, We have to talk." I signed and she smiled at my success and looked up at my face.

"About?"

"Okay.." Onika saw the worried expression on my face which made her smile instantly drop as she gave me her every last bit of her attention. "So Robyn and I looked over the cameras and found out that it was Aniyah who did this to you." I blurted out.

"Okay."

"That's it? Just Okay?"

"I mean yes. I kind of already knew this." She had a very nonchalant tone in her voice as she shrugged.

"What you mean kind of already knew this?" I signed.

"I already knew Bey. I mean nobody else has anything against me but her. Even though I should be the one mad. I'm not and she's obviously pressed. I knew she was going to do something but I ain't know the bitch would do all this." Onika explained.