Prologue

A/N

Hey babes- 

Another Au book? I THINK YES! This is gonna be a good book, I promise. Anyways, this book is based off of  my 'Camp Counselors' Au on me and my friend's joint account SamsetCurve (Sorry, I don't know how to use grammar. It's kind of a personality trait if I'm being honest ✨🙃) 

So, I will have the description and prologue posted below!!

 Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Description:

*more childish book- it's really fun though*

From running into each other in kindergarten to finding a spark during their senior year, follow Jukes adventure through the yearly summer camp they go too.

The camp is the place they can only see each other. Only two weeks per year.

Waves of events will occur. From being besties, to enemies, to best friends again, to maybe hating each other, to finally (maybe) lovers! 

Won't it be hard if they can only see each other in those two weeks? After all, they live on the opposite sides of the US...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narrator

Lost Timber.

The best camp in all of the US. Well, at least that's what their brochure says. It's really just a place to get mosquito bites, poison ivy, and potentially getting your fingers amputated by axes-

There are some decent things though, such as swimming in the clear water the camps claims to have. If they are being honest, it's not clear- like at all. Do the kids care? Not at all. The adult though- they have already called the health committee around thirty-seven times. 

 Anyways, there is some actual fun things to do. Axe throwing, roasting marshmallows, playing beach volleyball, counselors telling funny and scary stories, and hanging out in the den. 

But we do not speak of the food. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie Molina. 

A precious  innocent seven year old. She and her mother packed up and were on their way to 'Lost Timber'. Rose has talked Julie into going to the camp. At first, she didn't want to go- like at all.  But when she saw the 'clear lake' and the axes, she for sure didn't want to go. 

Rose left after filling out paperwork, helping Julie unpack and set up her bed in the lodges, and said goodbye to her little girl. "I'll see you in two weeks hun!" Rose said as she was about to exit. "Mommy! Please don't leave." Julie said running up to her mom. 

"It will be okay sweetie! You will see her in a few days." Her camp counselor, Kota,  said rubbing her back. 

After a bit of a struggle, Julie finally let go of her mom. 

~~~~~~~~~

Luke Patterson.

Obviously, a sweet eight year old boy who is actually not so sweet. I mean, he can be when he is a good mood, but he is kind of a jerk. Stealing his friend's toys and claiming them as his own.

His mom, Emily, thought it would be a good idea to send him to 'Lost Timber' for some fresh air and to learn about his behavioral problems. 

Now, don't think that he is a troubled boy- oh no that's not the case at all. In fact, he is only a jerk because he wants something. A passion of his that his parents wouldn't allow. After going to his first concert, he has been obsessed with music. 

He loved the rushed feeling of the chords being strummed or ringed. After he did some research and finally found something, his parents neglected it. After all of that, he has been in a bad mood. 

After some convincing and inviting his friends to come along, he finally made it to the camp. He unpacked like Julie and set up his bed and waved goodbye to his mom. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please call her!" Julie said, sobbing in the dinner line. "I'm sorry sweetie, but I cannot. She said that you will stick it out! Be strong hunny." Kota said patting her back. After some comforting, Kota went to go sit with Julie's other bunk mates. 

Julie sat in line, still waiting for her food, and still crying. "Hey? You okay?" A boy asked. She turned around to meet with a gentle boy. "Yeah-uh. I just miss my family." She sniffled out. "Ah man. That's horrible." He said rubbing his neck. 

"And I have stayed in the same spot in this stupid line for the past ten minutes." She sobbed. "But, you aren't even in the line?" He questioned. Julie looked down and saw that he was right. "Awh man!" She cursed. 

"Hey, it's okay. Why don't you come up to the front with me? My mom paid for the 'fast pass' ticket thing." The boys said grabbing her arm. "Really?!" She asked, wiping away a tear that fell. "Of course! C'mon!" He said bringing her up to the front. 

"Thank you- wait. What is your name?" Julie asked. "Oh, it's Luke." He said with a shy smile. "I like that name. I'm Julie." She said returning the same smile. 

"I like that name, Jules." Luke said grabbing a tray. "Hey! That's not my name." Julie said, grabbing a tray too. "I know, I just thought of it." Luke said looking at the girl. "Well then, I should call you Lukie Pookie!" She said grabbing a scoop of some sludge. 

"I like that too." He said turning to face Julie. "C'mon! Let's go get a table. You can meet my buddies!" He said grabbing Julie tray. "I can carry that- it's okay." Julie said, trying to grab the tray back. 

"Um- no. I like to help." He said with a smile. 

They went to go sit at a table with Luke's friends, Alex and Reggie. Julie noticed a girl sitting alone at a table. "Guys, can we ask her to sit by us?" Julie asked, motioning to the girl. "Yeah, why not?" Reggie said with a smile.

Julie went over to the girl and introduced herself. "Hi! I'm Julie. Do you want to come sit by me and my friends?" She asked. The girl looked up and smiled. "I'd like that." 

Julie clung onto the girls hand and they skipped back to the table. "Well, hello." Alex said taking a bite of his muffin. "Hi." The quiet girl said, taking a seat in-between Reggie and Luke. "What's your name?" Luke asked. 

"Flynn." 

And that is how they all met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Ah! I hope you are liking it so far.