Prologue

Prologue

Allie. Allie Syren, that's my birth given name. I'm 18, I live with my dad, Will, his wife, Sabrina, and my 'wanted' younger siblings. I, for one, am not wanted here. I was a result of an affair my dad had. He didn't even want me, but he had no choice but to take me in when my actual mother, Lilliana, passed. What a lovely woman my mother was. When I moved in I was told the rule: "Don't talk to anyone. Anyone asks you're our maid, not our daughter. Understood, peasant?" by my so called father. From then on, I was shunned. Only receiving enough food to continue to live, barely.

I cannot wait to be rid of this house. Beatings for nothing, complete unfair living, and being treated like the help. I'm not the help, I'm their daughter. I've been saving up, yearning for a taste of freedom. I'm packed, ready, and leaving soon. While here I was never allowed to talk to anyone but myself while being locked in the attic. I only had two friends.

The sky, and the moon.

They were such good listeners, and such a shine of positivity into my gloomy life. My 'friends' and my granny Lila (when she was alive) were the only ones who cared for me, not many but it is a start and sadly, its my reality.

My grandma left me everything that was entitled to her. So basically, I was rich, filthy rich. However, I didn't care about that. I only wanted to be free, to feel in control of myself, to be the wild child I was born to be.

I'm going to be that wild child, too.

'Watch me work.'