Chapter 25

Reys p.o.v:

Please don't tell me that she just said that. I turn to the doctor, ready to explode. As I'm about to say something, Emma speaks again. "Rey calm down! It was just a tiny after affect. I'm fine." I turn to her, relieved.

"Emma," Phillepe says, "the doctor said that you passed out because of major blood loss in your head from a stab wound." Emma turns to him, looking terrified. "Who did it, and why didn't you tell us?"

"Because Phillepe," she says strongly, "I've avoided you to protect you. If I told you who did it, I'd be dragging you guys right back in."

"Emma!" Phillepe snarls. "Who?!"

"Dale!," she almost screams. "I-it was Dale." Phillepe gives her a shocked look. "Didn't think he was capable of it, did you Phillepe?," she says. She doesn't sound cocky, but genuine. She's legitimately asking him if he thought his friend was capable of this act of cruelty.

Phillepe sighs. "No," he says, his head hanging. "I knew that he didn't like you, I just didn't think that he'd. . .he'd pull something like that. . .and not tell me."

"Why would he?," Natalie asks him. "If you're on her side, why would he tell you?" Phillepe sighs, aggravated at his girlfriends reasonable words.

"She's right," Emma says. "He wouldn't point something like that out. Especially after that huge fight at the elementary school years ago." Phillepe nods his head, his eyes closed in defeat. "Now that I'm healed though," Emma says, making Phillepe look up. "I plan to give Dale a taste of his own bitter medicine."

"Now hold on one second," I say, grabbing Emmas arm. "You're not ready to take him on alone yet." Emma takes a deep breath.

"You're right," she says to me. "Oh God. This is the worst thing I could ever ask you guys to do but. . .will you guys. . .help me."

I nod, along with everyone else. Phillepe gives Natalie a shocked look as she nods along.

"Hey," she says, "first time for everything right?" Emma nods at her.

Emma looks at Phillepe and smiles. "I like her," she says. "Alright. Tonight at my house. We have some planning to do."