✧︎「︎Ignorance」✧︎

(Some popcorn for you guys —>🍿)

Taehyung's pov

"Okay then! Come on, Taehyung-ssi!" Chaeyoung squealed. Her hand was quick to grab mine and intertwine fingers with me. "I want to see Seokjinnie Oppa!"

Before I could even register the fact that we were now holding hands, she pulled me off of the school campus. She blissfully turned on one of the sidewalks that circled the school.

Even after leaving the school's campus, Chaeyoung kept her hand interlocked with mine, unaware of what it was doing to my heart. Her hand fit so perfectly in my slim fingers, almost as if my hand were a mold to hers. Chaeyoung's delicate, smooth fingers felt so nice and warm against my skin.

Let's not be weird about this, Taehyung..

I take a few deep breaths before calming down and urging myself to get a hold of reality once again.

I look to my left first, to see a busy street with cars darting down the roads. We pass by parked cars and handfuls of people.

Then I look to my right.

I see a beautiful girl staring back at me with some sort of charm sitting in her eyes. Her blonde hair flows accordingly to the balmy breeze that occasionally dropped by.

She looked so breathtaking.

I almost turned my head back to my left side in an act of fluster, but forced myself to keep my eyes on her. I didn't want her to think of that doing as suspicious, so it's better to just act...normal.

Her fine honey eyes gaze into mine as her hand squeezes onto mine a little tighter. No matter how hard I tried to play it off cool, my heart always shook at the slightest movement she made.

Why was she doing this? Is she doing it on purpose? Does she know it's making my heart ache...but in the good way?

"You didn't look away this time." She smiled before turning her head to face the front of her. I stared at her side profile in uncertainty as she loosened the grip on my hand, but she still never let go.

Not that I wanted her to.

"What do you mean?" I found myself asking her at ease. Though I was afraid to speak to her earlier, I think I've found myself becoming slightly more comfortable with her. Yet I do get a little shaky with a few of her bold movements.

"What I mean is," she looks back at me, and her warm, glowing eyes meet mine once again, "You didn't like making eye contact with me earlier, you'd always look away, but you didn't this time."

"Ah. It's not that I didn't like it..." my voice began to trail off, wondering what I should respond with next.

"It's okay. I get that you don't really like hanging around with people that aren't Jimin or Jennie." She halts in front of the familiar alleyway before tugging me through the space between the crammed walls of the two brick buildings.

She wasn't necessarily wrong about that in all honesty. I didn't really like talking to people, I rarely even gave them a chance to talk to me. Everyone—to put it simply, of course—is just obnoxious, and I don't see what the point in making more friends is when you have Jimin and Jennie to accompany you.

Chaeyoung is different though. I adore her. I mean I admire her personality, of course. She doesn't emit the negative energy other people do. Just as the day I first caught a glimpse of her, she has a bright personality that could make anyone smile.