Chapter 3: Meet the Team

Intro:

(Y/N) POV

I was flying through the air, a bit fast for my liking. I spun around, putting my legs out in front, using them to crush a large tree branch that was in my way. This slowed my momentum enough that my legs didn't shatter upon touching the ground.

(Y/N): So, we need to go north? No point in wasting time.

Skimetip

After walking for a not insignificant amount of time, an Ursa flew past me. I looked to where it came from, seeing Yang taking care of more than a few Ursa singlehandedly. She was about to go for another one, but it fell over, revealing it was Blake who killed it.

Yang: I could've taken it.

Blake: I'm sure you- wait, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Blake.

Blake: What are you doing here?

(Y/N): I should be asking you the same question...

I turned around as (W/N) appeared in my hand, allowing me to turn around and decapitate an Ursa.

(Y/N): But now's not the time.

Cut to Ozpin and the MILF at the Cliff

MILF: Our last pair has been formed. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy, I can't possibly imagine those two getting along. Still, he's probably better off than Ms. Nikos.

Ozpin: Hm...

MILF: I don't care what his transcripts say, that boy is not ready for this level of combat. But, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The MILF began walking off.

MILF: At their current pace they should reach the temple in just a few minutes.

The MILF then stopped, turning around and saying

MILF: Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year? Ozpin...?

Ozpin: Glynda, I'm afraid we've made a mistake.

MILF: What?

Ozpin: We made a miscalculation. There aren't enough students, one of them will be left without a partner, and conversely, without a relic. And sadly, that student will end up being (Y/N).

MILF: Ozpin... What are you talking about?

Ozpin: Glynda, I saw his potential, and wanted him to be able to use it for good. So, I propose you a question.

MILF: ... Go on...

Ozpin: Would you rather this year be the first Beacon had a 5 person team, or the first year it had a 1 person team?

MILF: I- What?

Ozpin: I want (Y/N) to have a spot in the academy, so I'll ask again. Should this year be the first year there was a 5 person team, or the first year there was a 1 person team?

MILF: ...

Back to (Y/N)

Yang: Think this is it?

Blake didn't respond, just going down to the temple. Yang and I followed suit, not having any reason not to. When we got down, Blake said

Blake: Chess pieces?