Chapter 28: first day

((the picture is of what I believe Dean and Joanna would look like Jo in the ladybug dean in the bee))

Ella ||

"I love you good luck," Mitch mumbled, kissing my cheek as I smoothed down the front of my sleek black button up. I stood dazed in front of the elongated mirror that positioned itself in front of me. I gazed from my shirt to my black skirt down to my nude heels. I knelt down, kissing both Jo and Dean and waving goodbye to Mitch. Out the door and into the car. Taking a deep breath, I started the impala and took off.

**
Mitch ||

I brought Jo and Dean outside to the backyard. They've been to walk and run. Jo's hair is becoming longer and her eyes are becoming more icy blue, Dean's hair turning shades darker that Jo's. His eyes a deep mixture of forest and emerald green. In the sunlight, their eyes shine making the colors illuminate, but in the dark their eyes become deep, black almost. They case after each other in the large yard, laughing. I heard footsteps behind me, turning around to see Jerome diving into the pool. I wasn't the only one to see, in an instant, Dean and Jo are jumping into the deep end. I shot up not knowing what else to do. Throwing myself into the pool. I couldn't see them, thrashing through the water I yelled out.

"Daddy!" Jo giggled. I turned around, Jerome holding both children above the water. I was a mixture of upset, terrified, and excited.

"That's her first word," I gasped. She started clapping her hands like a happy seal. Jerome started laughing and bouncing them both up and down.

**
Ella ||

I stepped out of the car and stared up at the large building. Taking a deep breath and moved my legs towards the door. I opened the double doors and walked through. Sitting behind the desk was a woman about 10 years older than me. She looked up and motioned at me.

"Can I help you?" She spoke.

"I'm Ella Jameson, here for the blood any analyst assistants job?" I said.

"Ella, ella, ella," she said softly, rummaging through papers. "Ah yes, right this way." She led me down the hallway and then arrived in a very crowded area at the elevators where offices met to departure to their units. We entered the homicide unit, most people were focused on their work, but others glanced. She led me to the back where there seemed to be a small room, shades down, doors on both sides closed. Large machines were outside the room. Must be the lab or something, I thought. She knocked on the glass of the window.

"Can I help you?" A little voice from behind me asked. I turned and a man sitting in a rolling chair and a lab coat. He was hidden behind the large machine before.

"Is Hogan here?" The woman, who I yet to figure out her name, asked.

"Well, hello to you too, Carolyn. No, Dexter went to the to grab something from the evidence locker." The little man said.

"Hello Tony. Ella meet Tony Masuka. He's one of the forensics guys," Carolyn spoke. "Tony this is Ella Jameson, your new assistant."

Tony stood up, at a whooping 5"6', at most, and greeted me with a smile and hand shake. Just as Tony went to go into the lab, a deep voice from behind us echoed.

"Masuka, that's my office," I turned to see a tall, 6"4', dark ginger, light skinned man walking toward us with a box. He was dressed in a normal light grey button up and khakis.

"Dexter, it's kinda half mine," Tony Masuka offered the approach at the conversation.

"I asked you if you wanted it, you said no. My office is in here and over on that side. This holds blood analyst equipment anyways." Dexter said as he unlocked the door.

"That's true, but hey, Dex we've got that assistant job finally filled up. Meet Ella Jameson." Tony beckoned me forward. Dexter maneuvered through the small room to a back door, throwing it open and placed the box on the on a counter. He popped his head out of the back doorway, looked at me, and went back in. He came back, with another chair and sent it my way.

"Have Masuka teach you the ways," Dexter said, not looking at us.

"Actually Dex, she's here for the blood analyst assistant position," Masuka explained. Dexter looked up and took the chair back through the other door. Dexter motioned me to sit down. I walked over slowly and took a seat. He placed some paperwork in front of me and shut the door. He kept the shades open a little to make sure I'm doing my work. He shut the door on both sides. Masuka came over to my side and laughed. I looked up at him.

"He's really shy and personal with his work, it's odd, but he'll get use to you." Masuka said. I smiled and nodded.

****

GUYS IM SORRY BUT IVE BEEN BUSY AND I GOT A BOYFRIEND 😅😅