31. Date Night

Third Person's POV

It's been a little more than a day since Maddie's father got arrested and today was Nathan and Sadie's date. She had no idea what he had planned. She had asked him multiple times, but he refused to tell her anything saying that it was a surprise.

He wanted it to be perfect. He spent the whole day preparing and organizing the date. He even asked the girls about Sadie's likes and dislikes. Of course he also had a little help from the boys as Nathan had no experience with the whole romantic stuff. But most of the planning was his.

He felt joyous and excited, but at the same time he couldn't deny the nerves creeping up him. This was the only opportunity he had to show Sadie that she was important to him, and he couldn't mess it up. He wanted to take all of her insecurities away.

"How do I look?" Nathan asked as he walked out of the closet and into his room, where the four men were.

"Amazingly hot and handsome. Oh how fast you've grown up," Josh dramatically said while wiping a fake tear from his eye, earning an eye roll from Nathan.

"You look fine," Alec reassured him in a slight softer tone than usual. He wanted to show his cousin that he is happy for him.

Nathan was wearing some black jeans with a casual, but expensive T-shirt and designer sneakers. He also had a brand hoodie in case it got too cold and his wrist was adorned with an expensive watch.

"What if I fuck up?" Nathan asked, panic present on his features.

"Don't worry bro. We're sure you'll do great," David advised him.

"I've never seen you this panicky over a girl. You know, as much as I'm going to miss our nights out, I'm happy for you, man," Hunter said patting his back.

After wishing him good luck and giving him more reassuring words, they left him to go downstairs.

Meanwhile, Sadie was a nervous wreck. This was her first time going on a date. All her knowledge about what to do and how you should behave on dates came from movies and books. But for her, that wasn't enough and she was afraid she would mess up.

She didn't want to tell the girls about this whole thing going on with Nathan yet. She wanted to figure herself out before letting others know. The problem? She needed help for the date, and they were the only ones that could help her.

"So where are you going?" Bianca asked her friend.

"I don't know, he didn't want to tell me," Sadie shrugged.

"But did he give you a dress code or something?" Audrey questioned as she rummaged through her friend's closet while Maddie followed her like a lost puppy. She was never good with this kind of stuff.

"He said to dress casually," she stated a bit on edge.

"Calm down, S. It's Audrey, she'll find the perfect outfit for you," Mel spoke in a reassuring tone.

"Come sit while I do your hair," Bianca said as she pushed Sadie down to sit on her bed.

"And I'll start with your make up," Mel added.

"So are you ready for your first date?" Bianca taunted.

"I don't know," she sighed, ignoring her racing heart.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. You got this," Mel reassured her.

"And what are you going to do if he kisses you?" Audrey smirked as she got out of the closet for a second, making Sadie's cheeks hit up.

"He better keep his distance," Maddie grumbled, letting her overprotective side take over.

"Too late," Sadie mumbled quietly, but everyone heard it.