The Question (Y/N POV)

I slowly open the glass door, coughing at the smell of the smoke. Pico glances at me before taking the cigarette out of his mouth.

"What do you want?" He scoffed, blowing the smoke my way.

Using my hand, I fan the cloud coming towards me away. "You were saying something earlier.. before Keith let us in."

"Right.. So.. uhm.. This might be a little weird?" Pico, who was blushing, unzipped his jacket and reached for a hidden pocket. He pulled out a little fake rose. "I wanted to ask if.. you maybe wanted to go to this Valentines party with me?"

I stood there, completely shocked. This must be a prank-

"Is it the rose? I'm sorry it's fake.. I might've spent all my money on cigars and.. groceries." He rubbed the back of his neck, trying not to make eye contact.

"O-One second-" I slid back into the house and shut the door, covering my mouth so I don't scream from.. excitement? Was this.. excitement..? No.. I don't like him, right? Or maybe.. I do.. If I'm getting this flustered over him then-

Suddenly, I noticed the couple staring at me from the couch. Had I left the door open? Did they hear everything Pico said?

Keith jumps up, doing a little happy dance. "The bastard finally did it~"

Vanessa quickly hushed him and looked back at me. "You're going to have to give him an answer, Y/N."

"I-.. I'm.. But-" I started to blush even more. My eyes keep wandering back to the glass door.. to Pico. I guess I do have to say something to him.. Why does he look so sad? I'm not that great..

I quietly open the door again, noticing that Pico was staring blankly at the cloudless sky. The fake rose was on the ground and his hands.. were shaking? What was he thinking about..?

"Uhm.. P-Pico?" I said in an almost whisper.

He snapped out of his haze and stuffed his still trembling hands into his pockets. "Ahem..
Hey, Y/N."

"So.. I've decided.. that I.. would love to go the the party with you.." I answer sheepishly.

"Really?" Pico looked surprised. (This is a Pico x Reader fanfic.. I couldn't just say no-)

"Yeah.. but before anything happens.. promise me that this isn't just a prank.."

"Why would I prank you? When have I ever done anything like that?" He laughs, although he's still a little shaken.

"Well.. there was the spider in the gift box.. and don't forget the flour-in-the-hairdryer stunt you pulled on Vanessa-" He had pranked the gang so many times I just stopped counting.

"Okay okay.. So I might've pulled a couple harmless pranks-"

There was a couple silent moments.

"Pico..? Why are you.. shaking?" I had to ask. Was he stressed? Maybe remembering something.. bad? The other two did say his past wasn't so great-

"W-What? I'm not shaking, Y/N."

"Don't lie to me." I reach for his arm.

"I am not sha-"

I pulled his hand out of the pocket, revealing it to, in fact, be quivering

"Liar."

"It's nothing, Y/N." There was a little anger in his voice.. like he wanted to jerk away.

"I-I'm sorry. But can you please tell me what's going on? I want to help.."

"I'm.. tired. I should go home now."

I let go of him and watched as he walked inside and passed the others. Why aren't they stopping him? Were they scared? Keith's gotta know why Picos acting like this, though.

But instead of asking him now, I sneak out using the gate. It took me a second to put my helmet on without almost dropping it. Getting home was gonna be fun..