Throne overthrown?

---In the heavenly realm---

Today was a festive day, it was the anniversary of the heavenly emperor and his wife, the great beauty goddess. All angels were preparing flowers, gold ornaments and sweet melodies for today's special occasion. The sky was bright as ever with a slight cool breeze blowing by. 

As the grand celebration begun, the heavenly emperor entered the chambers with his queen following from behind. The queen goddess was adorned with gold ornaments from head to toe, she was carrying so much dazzle, it shone everyone's eyes when sunlight beamed over it. Once the heavenly couple were seated, a group of angel entered the center of the floor. They were all wearing matching pink flowery robes that was beautifully matched with a light jewel necklaces. The matching angels all danced in a synchronized manner, humming a dedicated song to the couple, 'A match made in heaven, a match made in heaven! Oh great couple of the heavenly realm. We wish you a happy anniversary. Truly a match made in heaven!', they sang together. 

The servants were serving wines and food whilst the dancing was going on entertaining all the gods and goddesses as well as onlooking heavenly guards. Everyone applauded once the dance was over. 

The emperor stood up picking a wine glass from the nearby tray. 'Thank you for the wonderf.....'. Before the emperor could finish his words, he started choking blood while his eyes turned dark red. Everyone started screaming, what was just a happy celebration a few seconds ago turned into a chaos.

'Someone get the superior healer quick', one of the gods ordered. 

'There will not be any need for that', a voice came loud and clear.

Everyone stopped to see who dare say that. It was none other than Kaden.

'Are you out of your mind, god war. If anything happens to the heavenly emperor, there will be attacks on the heavenly realm. Everything will turn into a mayhem', wind god spoke with worry in his voice.

'I said it will not be needed. This so called heavenly emperor has you all blind folded. He abuses his authority, has raped countless angels under the disguise of punishing them, killed guards who dared to do the right thing and moreover he killed my mother who was the first queen', Kaden said painfully.

Everyone gasped. It was no secret that heavenly emperor had another queen before but no one dare question the emperor. The first queen, Athena was a powerful goddess of lightening. The emperor fell in love with her and forced her to marry him. Once he had forced her countless nights, she got pregnant. 

'You mean to say, you are the late goddess Athena's child and the heavenly emperor's.....', wind god started to say.

'Let me finish that for you. I am the heavenly emperor and the late Athena's legitimate son. I know the current queen has a son, Darcy who you all thought was going to be the next heavenly emperor. But I am the FIRST BORN and this throne is rightfully mine, now that this sad excuse of being is dead', Kaden said kicking the dead body of the heavenly emperor down the steps. 

'How can we merely trust your words', one of the goddesses mustered the courage to ask. Everyone was visibly scared. Even if Kaden was not who he says he was, he was still the war god meaning all the heavenly guard would follow him and his orders. He was the strongest in the combat. 

'If you want me to prove it. I shall', Kaden said confidently. 'I will wield the sacred sword of true light. And you are all aware that only the blood of heavenly realms can wield this sacred sword'. There was pin drop silent, everyone was watching Kaden intently to see if he really could do it. 

Kaden raised his right arms and opened his palms. He started chanted while his eyes sparked with a golden light. Within few seconds, the sacred sword of true light appeared in his hands. It looked even bigger when wielded by Kaden and it had lightning sparks as well which was new to everyone witnessing the great miracle.

'Bow to your new emperor now', Kaden commanded coolly. Everyone immediately bowed forgetting the murder of the late emperor. Even the current queen bowed down. 

'Guards, kill her', Kaden said gesturing to the queen and left the chambers still holding the sword. It was a legendary sword, one strike and it could kill any gods within seconds. Kaden not only had an emperor's blood but he also had lightning powers from the late queen Athena. He had never used his powers while in combat as a god war, he was just simply using his physical strength from training. But now he did not have to hide anymore. He could show all of his powers in glory. Athena had been hiding her pregnancy and send Kaden away to her father once he was born. She tried her best to survive to see her son grow up but her fate was doomed from the start. Kaden was raised by his grandfather, Athena's father, Xenold. He was introduced as an orphan realm being to everyone to mask his true identity. Xenold trained Kaden every moment and showed him how to master the lightning power. Kaden swore revenge on the heavenly emperor from the moment he learned of his true identity. He joined the heavenly guards but quickly rose to the higher ranks because he was simply unbeatable in combat. That was how he rose to being a war god and easily gained the trust of the late emperor. 

'My mother was killed once that bastard had enough of her. And the current queen tortured her to death', Kaden said with raw anger. 'Mother, I hope I have avenged you. May your soul find peace now'. 

---Childhood flashback---

Kaden just finished his first training and was walking back to his assigned dorm. He had joined the heavenly guard. He was a kid but the guards were trained from a young age. He had advantage over the others because he also trained with his grandfather, the lightning god. The training was intense as they had to fight with realm caged monsters. Kaden had killed three despite today being his first day. He had two deep cuts on his right legs and a sprained elbow. Pain was not new to Kaden. He was used to it. As he was reached near his dorm, he clashed in to Lily who was very small and little. 'I..am sorry', she said apologetically. 

Kaden smiled at the clumsy angel. 'Its okay', he said dismissively.

'You are hurt?', Lily said innocently and intuitively grabbed Kaden's hands. She started praying and passed on the healing light. Kaden could feel the pain ease and a weird sensation in his heart. 

Once Lily was done, she let his hands go and quickly ran away. 

Kaden could not even thank Lily but he kept looking for her after that day. He would see Lily from faraway going to sacred prayers and in celebrations. After decades of years of watching Lily, Kaden  finally decided he had to talk to Lily again. But fate was evil. Lily was framed for the emperor's attempted murder. How can someone so innocent even think about such deeds? Kaden knew he had to protect Lily and so he did. 

Now that he was the heavenly emperor, no one could stop him from having Lily. 

'Lily, where are you?', Kaden said as he linked his power to the locket vessel he gave to Lily. The vessel will show Lily's location no matter where she went. 'I will be with you soon, my angel'. 

.

.

.

(Hello lovelies, this is how I imagine Kaden to look like! All copyrights to the artist)