Chapter 8

After Noel got out of the shower she asked... Who called?

"Oh, Nikki called about picking up Emma to stay with Josie and Elijah tonight."

"What did you tell her?"

"That I would have you call her back."

"Alright, is Emma even ready to go?"

"I can go check for you."

"Yeah please, and make sure she has clothes for tonight and tomorrow. She always forgets to pack enough!"

When Nikki answered she sounded stressed.

"Nikki what's wrong?"

"I don't know, when I started to wrap her gift I just felt like I should have got her something different."

"I thought you said she loved yours!"

"She does... but do you really get someone a blanket for their birthday in April! It's starting to get warm now."

"Now that you put it like that, I can see where you're coming from. So, what do you want to do take that back and change it for something else or what?"

"Yeah I think so!!"

"Well I just got out of the shower; I can go with you if you want me to."

"Oh you know I do, also I was gonna pick up Emma."

"Bobby is helping her with her bag, but I will be ready when you get here!"

"Ok, see you soon!"

On their way to the mall Nikki said...

"You know I think I will get her some mystical stuff, I think she would like that."

"Yeah Aunt Nikki some kids at school talk about this store they shop at, it's called Moonlight Mysteries it's not too far from the mall."

"Josie... you better not be hanging out with kids that are into that stuff!!"

"Mom really... I don't for one and for two your friend is into that crap, so how can you be mad at me for that?"

"Josie, I just don't want you getting into the whole Goth thing or the spells ok. I don't like it and as far as Lila goes, she knows not to talk to me about that crap!"

"Alright mom I got it, but you also need to trust me!"

"Josie I do trust you, I just don't trust anyone else."

"Well at least you trust me."

"Now that we got that all worked out, do you have any idea what you will get her?"

"No I don't have a clue, that's why I have you Noel"

"Oh gee thanks!"

"This feels so weird walking into a store like this."

"I agree with you Nikki!"

After looking around awhile, Nikki asked the clerk...

"What would be a great gift idea?"

"Well we just got these spell books... there are many new spells and incantations in them. We also have stationary sets, candle kits, journals and spell kits."

"I think I will take the book and spell kit."

"Most people get a candle for spells, would you want one of those too?"

"Yes I will go ahead and take one."

After leaving the store she took Noel home.

"So, I will see you tonight."