First Battle Part 1

November 10, 1444 Two men oversee an important battle. One is the old sultan that came back from Retirement to take on an old foe. The other is the young son wanting to prove himself to the world.

A few months before, "father why do you have no faith in me" Mehmed said

" this has nothing to do with you, my enemies are back and I will be the one to bring them down."Marud II said.

The Battle of Varna was an ottman victory over a Hungarian force, ending the European powers' efforts to save Constantinople from Turkish conquest and enabling the Ottoman Empire to confirm and expand its control over the Balkans. This battle is what laid the foundations of the next Siege of Constantinople.

In Constantinople Helena Palaiologina was living with her Uncle Constantine XI. Constantine had come to the throne just a few years before And although he had much experience ruling States As despot of Morea, The rule of the byzantines held him down. Helena grew up seeing her uncle and father slowly expand the small territory The Empire still had yet their power had been weakening. Factional divisions of religion tapped Unity of the scattered Parts difficult. And the encroaching threat of the Ottomans was always in the back of their minds.

As Helena grew up she saw more and more treachery around her, But she had her one loyal servant Anastasia Always by her side. Before Anastasia, Helena had a Nanny named Rebecca who was there to her after her mother's death. Asmodeus of the emperor and the daughter of a despot Helena was often offered in marriage to other rulers. But as of the 14 years she had lived she had never successfully been betrothed.(I changed her birthday she's born in 1430)

Now after the Reinforcements from Europe had failed by the Ottomans hand there was much stress in Constantinople. Her uncle was constantly in beatings trying to establish new alliances. Her father's own weekend Health was not helping the situation. And then she had her uncle Thomas who was off on a diplomatic mission to the Pope that was not going anywhere.

The Great Palaiologina Line was carrying an Empire over a millennium old and yet this great family was stretched thin. Yet it would be years until it would break. What time was something on their size in a Flash 7 years had gone by, 7 years until the next Siege. The Siege would be one her father would not see.

In just a few weeks Helena's life completely turned upside down and would never be the same again.