Surprise Party (Episode 1)

Luz POV
_________________________________________

Just sitting here waiting makes me nervous. It is the first day of the school year. Here at least, but at the Boiling Isles it's just a few more weeks of summer.

"Hija, good thing you're not gone yet, you forgot you're beanie, and make sure you keep in contact, also hija, be safe, I would hate if you come home with a life long injury." My mom hugged me as I stood up.

"Alright, alright, I got it," She nodded and I saw Owlbert come out trying to grab my bag, "Te quiero, mamá." I waved and picked up my bag giving Owlbert a pet.

"Te quiero, hija," she waved back as I ran to the portal excited to see everyone again, "I can't wait, I wonder what all changed while I was gone." I was face to face with portal now, I took a breath and walked through, being tackled by hugs by everyone, meaning King, Willow, and Gus. Amity wasn't at this return party is what I thought, it got me confused.

"Luz, how was your human summer." Gus asked, I smiled and told him how uneventful it was without them, they laughed.

"So, where is Amity?" I asked a big confused, I began to look down, "did she forget about me?" I asked having a saddened tone in voice.

"Oh Luz, of course not, she just outside catching some air," Willow smiled as she explained. I smiled and walked outside thinking of something to say.

Amity Pov
_________________________________________

I heard the door of the Owl House open. I looked up and was bewildered.

"I sure do miss this Boiling Isle air, " Luz said standing, she then drew her eyes to me smiling.

"Luz! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!" I jumped up entered her into a loving embrace, she felt like my lost love I had been waiting for, 2 years but, it's only been 2 months since she left. She giggled and returned the warm embrace.

"I miss you too Amity, when I walked through I thought you didn't come to see me, I honestly thought you forgot about me so quickly," she let go and let a warm tear race down her face. I can't bare to see her cry, it hurts as is. I wipe away her tear and placed a hand on her cheek blushing. She raised her eyes to meet mine.

"Luz Noceda, I will never forget you, even if I don't come I will still see you and spend time with you, I know it's hard to believe but I..." I blush even more, "I care about you more than you think Noceda." I look away and grab her hand bringing her back inside. "Guys I have to go it's getting late, see you guys later," I look away as I let go of her hand.

"Aw man, tragedy, more cupcakes for king!" The 'king of demons' yelled as he eats hugs onto Luz.

"So soon Amity, but I just got to see you a moment ago." Luz had a frown on her face, I could tell she was upset that I was leaving so early.

"Um, yes, I have to get studying since it is the last month of summer," I turned away facing toward the door frame, "See you all tomorrow," I smiled. I began to blush seeing Luz hold her hand out in a lazy wait position but I left feeling embarrassed that I said those things, I ran for dear life, Luz must have saw me running because she started to chase after me.

Luz Pov
_________________________________________

I saw her, I saw her running, it looks like she's... crying. I don't know why it hurts to see her like this, maybe it's because I am her friend, or could it be something different.

"Amity! Wait, I can't go any l-longer," I didn't feel this happening until now I was running fast, for once it feels nice and freeing. I can't stand up, I can't go any longer, but something deep inside me is telling me to run, run after her, hold her in your arms and never let go of her. "Faster, FaStEr, FASTER LUZ FASTER," I felt my eyes getting blurry but I felt so close she's just within my reach but she is so fast. I reach for her, but she was to far I pushed myself even more and lunged wrapping my arms around her. Her tears dampened my shirt.

"L-Luz, I..." she groaned and pushed me away, "I told you I have to go home." She stood up and began to walk away from me. Why do I feel... rejected, hurt, disrespected, replaced.

I stood up and yelled, "I hope I get to see you tomorrow, Amity." I stood there and she turned her head a little to look at me, her face got red, she giggled.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Noceda." She had a smile on her face but her face is red, shouldn't she be mad. I smiled and waved as she waved back unreturned and began to stroll away to her home. I went back to the Owl house, or my second home. I walked in with a smile on my face.

"Someone's happy," Willow walked up to me and wrapped an arm around my neck. I chuckle and blush a little, this isn't normal, do I like Amity. I mean she is very attractive, nice, wonderful shot who am I kidding she's gorgeous, I fell for her.

"Luz, what has you so smiley," Eda asked putting some food on a table.

"I guess, I opened my eyes for once, I think I'm in love guys." I blushed thinking of her.

"Wow Luz, what does it feel like to be souly connect with someone." Gus asked me.

"Wait, souly, you mean that Amity is my-"

"Soulmate, you guys don't have soulmates on earth." Willow asks.

"Not really, everyone knows about soulmates but it's known as a myth." My eyes were widened, I can't believe my soulmate has been in another dimension all this time.

I only have one thing to do.

Get Amity to love me.

TBC...