Chapter 4

"Great work everyone," I said when we got back to the hotel. "How'd it go with big ugly 2 and 3?"

"Good, big ugly 2 invited me and Niall over to his house to teach us a thing or two about weapons." Emma said. I had to laugh, both of them knew a lot about every weapon there is. Another thing they teach you in training.

"Big ugly 3 invited Liam and I over to talk about his business, and he protects Richardson." Rochelle said.

"Great job everyone. Nice way to give them what you want." Jake said.

"Be advised that Richardson is

more dangerous than he lets on." I said trying not to meet Jake's eyes.

"What do you mean, Nes?" Liam asked.

"You know how he likes the challenge of taking other men's women? I've been on enough missions to notice the things you don't pick up in the research. With the women he really likes he'll personally kill the fiance, boyfriend, husband, whatever it is."

"How do you know this?" Rochelle asked.

"Because of the way the man at the door immediately told Richardson about me. How he stole me away for a dance. Then how he always eyed Jake after then. Like he was analyzing his weaknesses and how he could possibly take him out. Another reason why he invited both me and Jake tomorrow. So he can get closer to me, and learn more about Jake."

"So what do we do?" Emma asked.

"We do what's planned. Richardson doesn't know who we are and what we can do. He doesn't know that Jake is a better fighter than him. We have the advantage, but we just need them to think that they do. So ladies and gentleman, game on."

*********  

Today was the day that Jake and I are going back to Richardson's house. We had no idea what was going to happen, or what we were going to do. So just in case my .45 was on the small of my back well hidden under my shirt. Then there was about five blades in my boot. Just in case.  

"You ready?" Jake asked when we got in my mustang. He was on the passenger seat.  

"Oh yeah. Just be careful okay?" I said holding his hand for the entire drive.  

"Yes ma'am." We drove back to the mansion. It looked different in the day, but not like the kind of different that you find for other houses. This mansion looked kinda scary. The gates completely surrounded his property. There were towers where his men stood looking over the property. It almost looked like a prison, but instead of keeping people in. It was meant for keeping people out like he had something to hide.  

"John and Nicole, here to see Mr. Richardson." I said into the microphone at the front gate.  

"Come in." There was a loud buzz and the gate opened. I drove through the gate and around to the front of the house.

"Here we go." I opened the door and walked to the mansion.  

"Nicole! John!" RIchardson exclaimed when we reached the top of the stairs. "How lovely it is to see you!" He said looking at me.  

"Mr. Richardson." I said.  

"Please Mr. Richardson is my father. Call me Samuel." He took my hand and led us into the house. "Now in the kitchen my chief is preparing a wonderful meal." He led us into the kitchen. Where he's chief was bent over the counter. She looked up at us and smiled. She looked like one of those girls from a Victoria Sercet magazine. I glanced at Jake through the corner of my eye. He was staring, and I mean like totally forget his fiance was in the room type of stare.  

"W-what are you making?" Jake asked.   "Duck," She smiled, and continued to stir whatever was on the stove.  

"Come with me?" Richardson whispered in my ear. I looked at him, and took his hand while he led me through the kitchen and upstairs. "This is where I spend my time off." He smiled and opened a door to a room that was full of maps and guns. "I like to hunt. Do you?"  

"Yes, my father used to take when ever since I was eight." I said glazing at all his trophies.   "Wow, impressive." He grinned at me, and watched me just like Jake was watching the cheif down stairs.   "What?" I asked pretenning to notice him staring at me.  

"Nothing it's just that you're fiance doesn't seem very comimited to you." My head poped up, what the hell did he just say? Now I understand why he's so good at stealing other people's girls.  

"What?" I asked.  

"Well if he was he would've noticed that I stole you away, and he wouldn't have stared at my chief like that."  

"You're wrong, he loves me."  

"Could be. But are you completely sure?" He was a foot away from me now. I could feel his breath against the back of my neck, and I turned towards him; deciding to play his game.  

"What are you saying?" I asked turning around to face him.

  "I'm saying that you need a better guy, and maybe he's not the right guy for you." Another one of his famous lines. He didn't know me, and he didn't know Jake. So what some other girl caught his eye. Boys will be boys, as the old saying goes. He knew I wouldn't be like the other girls, so he was making me question everything. I've seen to many of his type of the years.  

"Like who?"  

"A strong man, that will notice you and no one else. Some one who will always love you."

  "Okay," he leaned in closer. "Can we go down stairs now? I'm hungy and that smell amazing. How about we talk about this more later?" I asked still playing his game. When he nodded, he literally grabbed my hand and made me walk slowly down the stairs with him.  

"That's really funny John," the chief said. Richardson and I walked in and saw the chief leaning over the counter next to Jake. Like really far over so he could see down her shirt.  

"Is the duck ready yet?" Richardson asked, still holding my hand. I tried to pull it away, but he tightened his grip.

"Yes, let's eat." Jake looked over at us, and he didn't look surprised that Richardson was still holding my hand. He was listening to everything we said up stairs, and by the look on his face I could tell that he wasn't happy with it. I don't blame him at all. I wasn't happy with it, and I knew Richardson was going to get what he deserved I just don't know when.  

*******  

"Are you okay?" I asked when we got back into the hotel.  

"No." He said coldly staring out the window. "No I'm not." He turned to face me. "Not. At. All."  

"Okay? Why?" I asked sitting on the bed.  

"Because of that son of a bitch. Holding your hand, saying those things. I'm not angry with you."  

"I know your not, but remember that this is what he wants to happen. He wants you to get angry, he wants you to do something you'd regret."  

"You're right." He shock his head.  

"Okay," I went over to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Love you." I knew that Richardson was a dangerous man, and I knew something was going to happen, and I knew that he was going to do something. Just not so soon, and I didn't expect it would actually work the way it did. Richardson was a lot better at this than anyone gave him cedit for.