Chapter 1

"She's awake."
Emilia slowly opens her eyes and sees herself laying on a hospital bed.
"Why am I here?"
The nurse smiles at her, "she's okay, let me know if you need anything."
Emilia stares at the nurse as she leaves the room, leaving her with her stepmother.

She didn't bother to ask her evil parent about what had happened. She still felt dizzy and knew it'll be better soon, and that her memories will return.

Instead she says, "Call Selene for me, please."

"No, she's not awake yet." Her stepmother, Petunia, insists.

"What do you mean? It's 1pm. Selene always wakes up before — "

"She's in the other room, Emilia. Stop acting like you don't know or partly even realize it. You should have developed common sense by now." Petunia cuts her off.

Emilia was stunned. Not because of Petunia's words, because she's used to her adding unnecessary details in her sentences, but by the fact that Selene is also in one of the hospital rooms. "What really had happened?" She asks herself.

Asking Petunia would be a nightmare. The woman is the type of mother to care for you with actions rather than words.

Three knocks on the door before someone enters, "Hey, Emilia. How are you?"

It was her friend, Leon. He sits on the side of the bed and Emilia could not help but notice just one thing about him.

"A hospital gown. You're wearing one?" She asks. She sees Petunia sigh and roll her eyes while scrolling on her phone, obviously eavesdropping.

"Yes. And before you ask, I don't know either. I have no memory of what happened to us. Selene and Blue haven't even woken up yet." Leon says.

Emilia's brows furrows as she was confused and once again stunned by all the information.

"Blue? What do you mean? You, me, Selene and Blue are all here?" She asks.

"And Kira...and Theo." Leon adds.

Emilia remains silent for what feels like forever to Leon. He felt the same. It was all unbelievable. They remember everything from a long time ago, even to the past few days. But there was zero memory on the exact day of the incident.

Leon decides to break the silence, "But hey, at least we're all okay. The doctors said Selene and Blue will be awake anytime soon, and that their stats show up just fine."

Emilia was always the over-thinker, but quite emotionless when you look at her face. Mainly because of Petunia's training. She rarely spoke of her feelings as her stepmother would always call her a baby. This time, Emilia showed many emotions. Leon did not know what to do, he was full of emotions and questions as well. They both try hard to remember anything but always fail.

"My vision turned all bright, my head hurt so bad — and that's all I remember." Emilia suddenly spoke. It was all she's thinking about. The bright light.

Leon agrees, it's the only thing giving him hope in regaining the memory of the incident.

In the other room, Kira is shivering and  shaking her head. She's traumatized. But she doesn't know why.

"Please please, Dad, help me!" She screams over and over while her father tries his best to calm her down.

"Honey, it's all over now. I'm here, calm down now baby." Her father says while hugging her. He wasn't the best at comforting his daughter, it was always her mother's job. Unfortunately, she's out of town but makes sure to check up on Kira.

Kira closes her eyes, breathes in and out — like her mother always told her to do. By this, she calms down. Her trembling is more controllable but she's confused. She's scared. She doesn't have any idea why.

"Dad, what's happening to me?" She asks, voice shaking.

"Don't worry about it. You're all good now." He answers.

"Kira Dalton?" The nurse enters the room. She's here for her hourly checks. "I see you're a lot better now, sweetie. Your doctor gave you these meds and said you and your friends can go home tonight."

"My friends?" Of course she did not know. She was too busy shaking like a worm that has gotten out of the dirt.

Mr. Dalton explains how the entirety of her friend group is in the hospital. He never mentions what had happened.

Her room door was left open and Kira sees someone pass by quickly. He looked familiar. "Leon..." she says.

"Blue is awake." Kira hears these words faintly. She wants to follow Leon into Blue's room but her father stops her.

"Honey, it's better if you stay rested for now. You'll see your friends tomorrow."

"How come Leon gets to teleport from room to room then?" She asks calmly. Her father just looks at her. She realizes it's because no one ever stops Leon. He's alone. No parents.

Leon has checked up on Kira while she was still asleep. He checked up on all his friends. He's known to be very caring, and the oldest of the troop. He started living alone after his parents died in a car crash. This explains why he extends his utmost care now, because he regrets not caring enough for his parents.

As Leon enters Blue's room, they immediately hugged. Blue is his best buddy, Theo as well. They are the three boys in the group.

"Hey Leon, I was afraid I wouldn't see you again." Blue says.

"How would you say so?" Leon asks. He finds it weird that Blue would say that, given that he couldn't remember anything other than the bright light.

"We got separated. I don't know how, why, or what happened. But all I remember is that we got separated far from each other...and then there was a bright light."

Blue has a more detailed memory, apparently. Leon closes his eyes to visualize, but couldn't. It's a mess in his head.

Leon thinks hard and realizes none of them really has a clear memory. And that they would be adding little details to actually come up with what tragedy came their way. He had already asked the doctors, nurses, and parents of his friends but none of them could answer the question,

What happened on the night of the tragedy?